Dish Accnt "Moved" no Phone but have Broadband...

I suspect that Dish doesn't try to figure out where your boxes are physically. They just want to know that all of them are connecting from the same source IP address.

Yes, once in a great while your IP address may change, and one of your units may pop up on a different IP. But they will wait for the the next 'call home' to see if all of the units are on the same IP again.

Same with ATT/BellSouth. They at least know I am in the Greenville metro area.

It all depends on the ISP. Mine is a small local telco and when I go to various sites I see ads that are customized for my area somehow. I imagine if you have a larger national ISP it might not be so localizable.

I would think that Dish customers who "move" to get CONUS HD locals would have their dish receivers reporting back a lack of transponder lockup during their phone or IP connections back to the mother ship, since they are outside of the new home spotbeam. Hasn't had any effect on the account so far.

Receivers do not report whether certain TP's are seen, only if the satellite is locked.

Even if they did, Dish uses the same spotbeams on different TP's in different locals. Too much data to handle.

Dish really does not care, as long as you pay the freight.

I've even seen posts where "movers" admitted blatantly to Dish what they were doing, and it was totally ignored, tacitly encouraged.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts