Dish account on standby ?

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
I have aleased 942 can i put my account on some kind of standby and just pay so much per month just to keep my account active with no programming? I am trying Comcast out and want to hold on the 942 incase a good deal comes along.

you can go on Dish Pause for up to six months, I think you pay like $5 OR $10 per month

DishDave said:
I have aleased 942 can i put my account on some kind of standby and just pay so much per month just to keep my account active with no programming? I am trying Comcast out and want to hold on the 942 incase a good deal comes along.

You can not go on dish pause within the initial commitment period (12 or 18 months, depending when u signed up)

JPointerWI said:
You can not go on dish pause within the initial commitment period (12 or 18 months, depending when u signed up)
Signed up in 1996 No committment. Even on the 942

DishDave said:
I am trying Comcast out and want to hold on the 942 incase a good deal comes along.

You're gonna degrade your HD experience with Comcast.
99 Buck upgrade lease on a 622???
What more do you want?

fred

You can put your account on hold for 6 months even if you are leasing a receiver. The fee is $10/month.

I did this for 5 months when I was away for training. I had a leased 942 at the time. The only thing that sucks about putting your account on hold is that you lose any National HD local stations (CBS HD) that you are receiving. You would have to fax a waiver back to Dish in order to get the HD channels again.

Fredinva said:
You're gonna degrade your HD experience with Comcast.

Actually, I'm finding my HD experience with Comcast to be better than that of Dish. Not quite as many channels, but clean and clear picture. My one HD CBS channel had quite a bit of pixelazation during a broadcast. I don't see that anymore with my HD locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)