Dish and Mutiple Satellite ?

Tom Forness

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2003
I talked to CSR tonight and was advised that DISH will have a one DISH solution for more than three satelites in the future. I curently have a Superdish 121 to get the Milwaukee locals --when I called last night I was told that I needed two dishes to pick up the 129 slot- in order to get the new HD pack- not going to happen on my house.

When I called tonight and told the CSR that I was thinking of going over to direct TV was advised that there will be a one DISH solution in the future (probably this year) Has anyone heard about this. I am thinking of switching to Direct TV which told me that have a Dish with 5 lnbs and the package I want is the same price i'm paying for the 180 pack now (lower channels but has the ones I want (Total choice with locals & the $9.95 HD pack) Will get (HD receiver, DISH, and regular receiver) all for free for $14.95 (just the shipping after $200 mail in rebate).

Please no comments about CSR roulette--I work for a call center as a CSR for a Cell phone company--:)

Thanks,

Tom

He's beem paying attention. The Dish 1000 is for 110/119 and 129, but not 121!!! He said "one DISH solution for more than three satelites in the future".

So a single dish that can handle 121/119/110/129? Considering the murmurings that the FSS satellites (105/121) are going to be history soon, I wonder...

See ya
Tony

Currently with the Milwaukee locals needing a Superdish for the 121 slot, yes you would need a second dish to get the new HD channels. Now nothing specifically has been announced but Dish is getting ready to launch a new satellite in February that will probably allow you to get your Milwaukee locals and the new HD channels with a single dish i.e., a Dish 1000. This may not occur for a month or two after the satellite launch but I believe it is very likely to happen.

A couple other factors to consider are that Dish will be expanding their HD pack starting in February. DirecTV has not announced any new HD channels. In addition, realize DirecTV's 5 LNB dish is about the same size as your Superdish but weighs considerable more and is much larger than a Dish 1000. You also may want to look around on the DirecTV forum because it appears that a lot of folks are having problems with the new DirecTV HD receivers. Good luck.

TNGTony said:
He's beem paying attention. The Dish 1000 is for 110/119 and 129, but not 121!!! He said "one DISH solution for more than three satelites in the future".
So a single dish that can handle 121/119/110/129? Considering the murmurings that the FSS satellites (105/121) are going to be history soon, I wonder...
See ya
Tony

I don't see Dish dumping the FSS satellites in the near future especially 121 with the international programming. I could see Dish moving many of the SD locals from these satellites once E-10 is launched but Dish recently has been applying to the FCC for expanded bandwidth usage at 121. In addition, folks here have already proven that a Superdish could be used to receive programming from 105 or 121, 110, 119 and 129 and a Superdish is about the same size as DirecTV's 5 LNB dish so Dish could use these FSS slots for HD locals in the future.

In addition, folks here have already proven that a Superdish could be used to receive programming from 105 or 121, 110, 119 and 129
Which is likely the only reason E* is going to do it. No doubt they had no clue before it was done here.

I would love to see Dish move the SD off of 105/121 to E10, and then put up more small market LIL HD to SD. With the local channels broadcasting at 2kwatts here, I would love to have a reliable transmission on superdish.

Dish is not going to give up on 121. The satellite there is a pretty new satellite (launched in 2003) and it has Ka spot-beam capabilities. Now 105 on the other hand is leased from SES Americom, so they are probably willing to dump that one,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)