Dish and SW64

guymar

Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
I have a KingDome in motion antenna withn a Dish 722k receiver. I am now halfway up the coast from Miami in Florida. I have tried their sytem of going to what they call satellite 1000A to get 61.5,110,and 129 lined up in what they call a SW64 arrangement. This allows the antenna to automatically go to the right Sat when you choose a channel from one of the Sat's. However it does not work in that i can never get all three Sat' in the SW64 configuration. One Kingdome Guy says that the two input receiver gives them trouble. Why I do not know. I am able to get good signal on all three satellites even reasonable signal on 129 the mirror of 61.5. I have not tried to get it to work on what they call satellite 1000. Does anyone know how I can get the SW64 switch on either of what they call 1000A or 1000?

SW64 was designed to work with legacy dual lnbs and locks each lnb into horz & vertical polarities.
Maybe someone can adress if a SW64 will work with your setup.

Kingdome manual

SW64 was designed to work with legacy dual lnbs and locks each lnb into horz & vertical polarities.
Maybe someone can adress if a SW64 will work with your setup.
The Kingdome manual (unit has one lnb) states that going to their satellite 1000A it should work. I wonder if I did a splitter to connect to the two receiver inputs if that would 'trick" their software into setting up the input 1 to give me the three satellites in SW64. The problem they say is the dual input receiver

YYou need a single input receiver for it to work. The dual tuner receivers need Dish Pro Plus technology to work with sepparators. SW64 is Legacy and not compatible with Dish Pro Plus system. If you want to use the Kingdome you need to use the technology it is compatible with.

Replace you 722 with a 211 and use it on 1 TV. That should work with you system. Because it is a single LNB system it moves for each satellite. It dosen't aim at three satellites at the same time. If tuner 1 on the 722 wants satellite 129 it can't give you satellite 110 for tuner 2 at the same time. That is why it was designed for single tuner not dual tuner receivers.

I'd say using a SW64 with a two input receiver is like trying to use a '64 carburetor on a 2010 model car.

SW 64

Since I only have one tuner connected on my two tuner receiver why does not SW64 work for my three satellites.? Also, if I take the single lnb output and split it providing the same signal to both tuners why isn't made to act like a single tuner system and work with SW64? It seems to me that Kingdome has not done a good job in preparing for DVR's and HD along with Winnebago for RV's.

You need both satellite inputs connected.

And I'm pretty sure the Kingdome predates two tuner input DVRs.

I have had an SW64 hooked up on my system since the beginning of time until a couple of years ago when I moved. I had my 622 and before that, my 721 hooked up to an SW64 without even a hint of trouble. I used output 1 for tuner 1 though the power inserter and output 2 for tuner 2. No problems ever. This was for a 110/119/61.9 set-up with three legacy dual LNBs. So the switch is not the issue.

I will say however that I was on my third SW64 after 10 years (they each lasted about 5 years outside).

I have had an SW64 hooked up on my system since the beginning of time until a couple of years ago when I moved. I had my 622 and before that, my 721 hooked up to an SW64 without even a hint of trouble. I used output 1 for tuner 1 though the power inserter and output 2 for tuner 2. No problems ever. This was for a 110/119/61.9 set-up with three legacy dual LNBs. So the switch is not the issue.

I will say however that I was on my third SW64 after 10 years (they each lasted about 5 years outside).

Tony,

The Kingdome Emulates the SW64 switch codes. The Kingdome does NOT have a SW64 Switch inside of it, it can only feed one Orbital Slot at a time with either Odd or Even transponders.

The KingDome will not function properly with any Dish Dual Tuner receivers, especially using a Dish Pro Plus Separator.

John

Since I only have one tuner connected on my two tuner receiver why does not SW64 work for my three satellites.? Also, if I take the single lnb output and split it providing the same signal to both tuners why isn't made to act like a single tuner system and work with SW64? It seems to me that Kingdome has not done a good job in preparing for DVR's and HD along with Winnebago for RV's.

Guymar,

The answer is the Both tuners require the ability to be able to tune to an Orbital slot independent of the other tuner, secondly Legacy LNBF's and Switches can only provide either Even Or Odd transponders. Dish Pro LNBF's use bandstacking (Allowing both Even and Odd transponders to be carried down the same cable at the same time).

Dish Pro Plus switches are slightly different, they can selectively MIX and Match (Orbital slots and Even or Odd transponders), meaning one Tuner wants a channel on the 119 orbital slot on an EVEN Transponder, so the one frequency is sent, and Tuner #2 can ask for a different Orbital slot also on an even Transponder so the second Bandstacked frequency that is sent down the Cable could be 129 Even.

So if you tried to split a single cable to both tuner inputs at the same time using NON Dish Pro or Pro Plus technology, each tuner could try to signal the KingDome to tune two separate Orbital slots at a time, this is NOT POSSIBLE with legacy technology, or the two separate tuners could be using the same orbital slot but one tuner sends the code to provide ODD transponders and the other tuner sends the code to provide EVEN transponders, this again is NOT possible with Legacy technology.

I would say that Kingdome has done a masterful job of providing a single solution for either DirecTV or Dish network, as well as being able to support all Dish HD hardware as well as Legacy hardware. The problem is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to be able to support multiple orbital slots (At the same time) from such a small unit.

If Dish or DirecTV could come up with the ability to uplink all of their content to one Orbital slot (SD/HD/ Spotbeamed locals) then such a small single Orbital slot Unit would be possible. Sadly, this will never happen, as with current technology its basically impossible, even with MPEG4 Compression.

John

Last edited:
You would need two kingdomes since it moves for the satellite it needs to run your dual tuner.
This is the most logical and only workable answer for a dual tuner receiver.

The Kingdome is emulating a SW64 but with only a single output available, thus you would need one of them per tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts