DISH announces Military Package / Savings

I don’t want to be part of the Dish family. To be honest with you when I was one of the top 10 dealers for Dish they treated me like crap and practically ran my life.

It’s a blessing that I no longer have to deal with it.

But I agree, the AT&T fiber foot print is a joke compared to cable.

Yes, I have AT&T Fiber also. Paying $80 for a gig.

Now go look at Comcast..

$20 25 megs
$30 60 megs
$50 150 megs

Even Spectrum is $45 and you get a minimum 60 megs to 200 megs in some areas for starters.

As far as AT&T prices, minimum plans start at $50 and go to $80 depending on fiber.

On the lower end speeds which most people want, cable comes in at a cheaper price. On the higher end, yes in some cases AT&T Fiber is better

But as far as delivering those speeds, I have never seen an issue as of lately with Comcast not delivering their advertised speeds

Like I said I was a top 10 retailer for dish. We did on average 18,000 new customer activations per year from 2008 through 2012. During my time I have probably brought over 100,000 customers to dish.

I now do the same thing I did for dish, but with Directv, Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, Optinum, and Viasat.

Not as much volume as the golden days of satellite, but I write a fair amount of business these days and talk to many customers every day.

And yes when we get busy, I work the phones taking calls from customers.

Maybe it’s a different type of customer, but we rarely sell the customer a DVR with cable. We ask everyone, nobody wants to spend the extra $10.

Take Directv on the other hand every single customer gets a DVR. it was the same way with Dish, as everyone got a DVR also.

It’s the way we where told to sell the product and with commissions being dependent on selling a DVR, it just wasn’t an option Not To sell the DVR.

Now with that being said, there is a large percentage of Dish and Directv customers who have a DVR and never ever have once used it that really should never have been given a DVR to begin with.

But when corporate comes breathing down your neck, wanting to know why x number of customers didn’t get HD, or didn’t get a DVR, you get into the habit of not even offering the customer the option of not taking a DVR. If the customer asks it’s “included” which means it’s built into the price and are paying for it. But most customers think included think it’s free when it’s really not.

Maybe they are sending you to the better neighborhoods where people might actually request A DVR, but a majority of the customers are not asking or decline a DVR when asked if they want to spend the extra money

I don’t want to be part of the Dish family. To be honest with you when I was one of the top 10 dealers for Dish they treated me like crap and practically ran my life.

It’s a blessing that I no longer have to deal with it.

But I agree, the AT&T fiber foot print is a joke compared to cable.

Yes, I have AT&T Fiber also. Paying $80 for a gig.

Now go look at Comcast..

$20 25 megs
$30 60 megs
$50 150 megs

Even Spectrum is $45 and you get a minimum 60 megs to 200 megs in some areas for starters.

As far as AT&T prices, minimum plans start at $50 and go to $80 depending on fiber.

On the lower end speeds which most people want, cable comes in at a cheaper price. On the higher end, yes in some cases AT&T Fiber is better

But as far as delivering those speeds, I have never seen an issue as of lately with Comcast not delivering their advertised speeds

Like I said I was a top 10 retailer for dish. We did on average 18,000 new customer activations per year from 2008 through 2012. During my time I have probably brought over 100,000 customers to dish.

I now do the same thing I did for dish, but with Directv, Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, Optinum, and Viasat.

Not as much volume as the golden days of satellite, but I write a fair amount of business these days and talk to many customers every day.

And yes when we get busy, I work the phones taking calls from customers.

Maybe it’s a different type of customer, but we rarely sell the customer a DVR with cable. We ask everyone, nobody wants to spend the extra $10.

Take Directv on the other hand every single customer gets a DVR. it was the same way with Dish, as everyone got a DVR also.

It’s the way we where told to sell the product and with commissions being dependent on selling a DVR, it just wasn’t an option Not To sell the DVR.

Now with that being said, there is a large percentage of Dish and Directv customers who have a DVR and never ever have once used it that really should never have been given a DVR to begin with.

But when corporate comes breathing down your neck, wanting to know why x number of customers didn’t get HD, or didn’t get a DVR, you get into the habit of not even offering the customer the option of not taking a DVR. If the customer asks it’s “included” which means it’s built into the price and are paying for it. But most customers think included think it’s free when it’s really not.

Maybe they are sending you to the better neighborhoods where people might actually request A DVR, but a majority of the customers are not asking or decline a DVR when asked if they want to spend the extra money
When I had 100 Mb/s from Comcast, it was $89.00 so either their pricing varies or they've lowered their pricing. The only people, or I should say, the majority of people that don't want a DVR are older. Not all, but most and for that, Dish has Non-DVR receivers, although they DO have a bad habit of setting people up with Hoppers that have no desire to record.

Oh, and I was off on the Nest products. We warranty Thermostats and Indoor Cams for 5 years

Of course I see this AFTER I put Dish on pause for three months. I started with youtube tv and I figured the pause before football season will tell me whether or not I want to stick with it. The youtube tv app on my IOS devices seems to work much better than DishAnywhere did so that's a plus. I'm surprised they don't do some kind of certification of vets status. Even Lowes made me jump through some hoops.

Since we are touching on DVRs, I’ll throw in my nickel.

When we moved my MiL into a retirement community, I got her a DVR. She said she didn’t want it. A simple non DVR cable box was all she wanted. I insisted. I pay the bill. I showed her how to hit pause for a potty call and especially, how to skip back if something wasn’t heard. That’s all. No attempt to show her how to set a recording. Just the two things she saw value in.

And I waited. Sure enough, eventually she needed to be somewhere else when one of her shows was on, and she figured out how to record it. Or maybe a neighbor helped. No matter. She uses it now and is happy.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The DVR issue reminds me of when my boss said I'd never use PIP, I sue them both all the time! It looks like youtube tv has a 15 second fwd and back button on their DVR so that will be good.

Anybody remember when a DVR was called a PVR?

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
Yes, it stood for Personal Video Recorder. As I recall DISH, initially, called them PVRs but changed to DVR when they received a cease and desist order from using PVR from another company (TIVO?) because that company had sole use of it.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
My in-laws have had a DVR with their Suddenlink service for as long as I can remember.

They never pause and rewind, and there are only 4 recordings on the DVR, all created by me.

My in-laws have had a DVR with their Suddenlink service for as long as I can remember.

They never pause and rewind, and there are only 4 recordings on the DVR, all created by me.

Wish I had a dollar every time I saw that.

I used to have a DVR at my grand mother’s house when she was alive.

I would program all my shows to record do I had something up watch while I was there visiting.

She called me up around midnight yelling at me because I did something to her Tv. Apparently before she want to bed she would shut everything off and she couldn’t get the little red recording light to shut down.

She did use the DVR a few times so she could bring up her Italian soap Oprah.

She had like an entire page of instructions wrote out in her note book on how to access the DVR and play her show. 1 wrong button, and she could not figure it out.

My grand father was the same way. He has a white piece of paper with 4 numbers on his table

7 news
659 deer
354 cowboy
663 tiger

The news was ABC, Deer was the outdoor channel, cowboy was the westerns channel and tigers was fox sports to see the detroit Tigers.

And those 4 channels is all he watched.

I had the playboy channel for him once, but he kept asking my grandmother to put on 497, and she would change the channel for him not knowing it was playboy.

Then she would call me up crying to get it off while he was in the background laughing his ass off. So that one ended really fast and playboy was removed.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Does "first responder" go all the way down to rural township volunteer fire department? Updating one of the Wallys to an H3 with a pair of Joeys is attractive to me. The rest, not so much.

Reactions: TheKrell
Does "first responder" go all the way down to rural township volunteer fire department? Updating one of the Wallys to an H3 with a pair of Joeys is attractive to me. The rest, not so much.

It’s worth a try! I would say volunteer fire fighter is considered a first responder.

I’m not sure what they require as “proof” if they require a letter, I would try to get “volunteer” removed if at all possible so Dish can’t nit pick at it like they usually do and make an excuse saying it has to be full time.

It’s worth a try! I would say volunteer fire fighter is considered a first responder.

I’m not sure what they require as “proof” if they require a letter, I would try to get “volunteer” removed if at all possible so Dish can’t nit pick at it like they usually do and make an excuse saying it has to be full time.
JeffN9 who was a veteran called in in a post a page back and they gave it to him without a verification.

I am a first responder and Ihave called and tried the chat and no one seems to know anything about this package. this seems very odd that dish has not informed any of their call takers about it

I am a first responder and Ihave called and tried the chat and no one seems to know anything about this package. this seems very odd that dish has not informed any of their call takers about it

I've found that the Loyalty Dept.(888-283-2309) tends to be much more helpful and knowledgeable than regular Cust. Svc. or chat.

Of course your mileage may vary.

I've found that the Loyalty Dept.(888-283-2309) tends to be much more helpful and knowledgeable than regular Cust. Svc. or chat.

Of course your mileage may vary.
yes, I talked to them later that night and it was a very different experience. Very helpful and also was able to get my WW2 veteran Dad a better deal on his plan.

Reactions: TheKrell and JeffN9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)