Dish Anywhere and 722 Receivers

sergei

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
iowa
Looks like Dish is no longer supporting the program at least on the 722’s. Lost it this afternoon and to get it have I to upgrade to the Hopper .

AFAIK nothing should have changed.

The 722 was only able to stream local content (recordings and live channels) when the Sling adapter was active and that went away several years ago.

As far as access to streamed content directly from Dish, I assume that is what you are talking about, have you done a power cord reboot of your receiver?

Dish receivers have always had a reputation of going wonky occasionally and a hard reboot (power cord pull, wait about a minute and reconnect) often fixes things.

The livestream on dishanywhere was not working for me either using a VIP222K or VIP211K on account but it's back up now..must have been some technical glitch

Reactions: charlesrshell
About half the time I use Dish Anywhere, I get the message that I'm not using the proper receiver and need to get a Hopper. The next time I try, it works flawlessly on my DA app on the Fire stick. Very inconsistent. For example, I've watched ESPN Monday Night Football on DA while away from home, yet couldn't watch it last night. I have a Wally only on my account.

About half the time I use Dish Anywhere, I get the message that I'm not using the proper receiver and need to get a Hopper. The next time I try, it works flawlessly on my DA app on the Fire stick. Very inconsistent. For example, I've watched ESPN Monday Night Football on DA while away from home, yet couldn't watch it last night. I have a Wally only on my account.
The Wally doesn't have Sling so you will only receive channels that are streamed. DA can't see your Wally or EHD if you have one attached.

If you look at your DA Guide you will see that the ESPN channels are streaming and that is why you are able to see them on non Sling receivers. Why you are not able to see ESPN all the time is beyond me unless the program is co-broadcast on your local ABC channel, like Monday Night Football.

Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 10.14.41 AM.png

Why you are not able to see ESPN all the time is beyond me unless the program is co-broadcast on your local ABC channel, like Monday Night Football.
You may be on to something. I did not know MNF was ever on ABC anymore. I didn't bother looking there. The game last night was on the DA guide for ESPN, it just wouldn't allow me to watch it.

On edit: Last week, ABC did co-broadcast with ESPN the MNF game. However, last night they did not. Is Monday Night Football on ABC tonight, December 26?