Dish Anywhere - Phantom DVR recording reappears

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
Dish Anywhere is showing a DVR recording that is not present on my receiver. It is showing a recording for "Brain Dead" that was supposedly recorded on 08-07-2016. I have never watched or recorded that show. If I try to play it, Dish Anywhere freezes up. If I erase it, it erases from the DVR recording list, but then if I exit and restart Dish Anywhere, the phantom recording of Brain Dead shows up again. Sometimes, when I try to erase it, Dish Anywhere reports that "there is no recording of that type" present.

This happened to me a long time ago when my broken HWS was replaced by a refurbished unit. The refurbished receiver had about a dozen phantom recordings that could not be played or erased. Those dozen recordings stayed in the DVR list for about 2-3 months, then they suddenly disappeared, and never reappeared.

The phantom recording does not show up when I am at my TV using the HWS receiver, it only shows up with Dish Anywhere. Dish Anywhere must use a very strange method to determine what is on your DVR.

I posted the following in another thread but I am repeating it here because the phantom recording appeared after this event occured:

Last Friday when I turned the TV on, the Dish receiver was displaying the dreaded "Your timers have been saved but any recordings have been lost" message on my HWS. I tried resetting, and unplugging/re-plugging the receiver but that did not help. I was forced to reformat the drive, losing all of my recordings.

This same thing happened on August 15, 2016, and I posted about it on this forum:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...dings-lost-message-today.362918/#post-3945087

For the 5 months since that problem occurred, the HWS has been working fine, so I thought the problem was just a one-time glitch, but now it has occurred again. If the drive was really bad, would it work correctly for 5 months and then fail, or is this another Dish programming failure?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)