DISH Assisting Customers and Communities Impacted by Irma
Release Date:
Thursday, September 14, 2017 7:16 am MDT
Terms:
Dateline City:
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.
  • DISH deploys 150 outside technicians to impacted areas
  • DISH offers affected customers account solutions
  • DISH activates disaster relief services through corporate citizenship program, DISH Cares
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As fallout from Irma continues to affect lives in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina, DISH is responding to serve customers and communities impacted by the storm.

DISH is increasing its presence in affected areas and expects to deploy nearly 150 technicians from across the country to assist with local recovery efforts in the coming days. These technicians will restore and install DISH services as neighborhoods are declared safe and power becomes available.

For customers, DISH has implemented standard procedures to assist in the wake of natural disasters. Customers in areas impacted by Irma can call DISH Customer Service at 800-333-DISH (888-599-DISH in Spanish) for special services, including to:

• Pause DISH service and account
  • Waive installation fees when a customer is ready to resume service
Customers can reach DISH Customer Service seven days a week.

DISH Cares, the company’s citizenship program, partners with Information Technology Disaster Resource Center (ITDRC) and, together, the groups are providing satellite broadband to first responder sites in Miami and Marathon. Since 2015, together with ITDRC, DISH Cares has donated more than 245,000 hours of internet and television services to disaster relief efforts.

Something I was wondering...Is pretty much every dish in Florida not going to need realigned? They do not have to be off a 1/16th of an inch to get bad reception and I would think a 50 mph plus wind hitting even a well mounted dish would knock it out.

Something I was wondering...Is pretty much every dish in Florida not going to need realigned? They do not have to be off a 1/16th of an inch to get bad reception and I would think a 50 mph plus wind hitting even a well mounted dish would knock it out.

If a 50 MPH wind knocks it out of alignment it is not well mounted. We have a 50 MPH + wind event in our area in the Midwest every once in a while and I have never had an alignment issue or know of other dish customers around me that do.

Dish does not really care, they just don't want to loose a customer that was impacted by a hurricane.

They are already taking a big enough hit as it is because every one of these customers who lost their homes is going to have to cancel their account and Dish will likely eat the cancellation fee and un-returned equipment fees so they don't get any negative press over it.

Dish does not really care, they just don't want to loose a customer that was impacted by a hurricane.

They are already taking a big enough hit as it is because every one of these customers who lost their homes is going to have to cancel their account and Dish will likely eat the cancellation fee and un-returned equipment fees so they don't get any negative press over it.
...as will DTV.......

another clueless dick comment from Claude...

If a 50 MPH wind knocks it out of alignment it is not well mounted. We have a 50 MPH + wind event in our area in the Midwest every once in a while and I have never had an alignment issue or know of other dish customers around me that do.

Yep, even our portable tripod mounted 1K4 has withstood 50-60 MPH winds with just two screw anchor "dog tie outs" to secure it without losing the signal.

We experienced 70-75MPH gusts during Irma. My signal strengths are identical to what they were before the storm.

Reactions: Nebugeater

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)