Dish at home, rv too?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Adikeo

Original poster
Jun 27, 2011
Kansas
I have a satellite ready rv. I have Dish network at home and am considering getting it for my Rv as well. I am considering the Winegard Carryout 1518 portable satellite dish. The receivers I have at home are the Vip722 and the VIP 622. Could I use the 622 in the rv with the Winegard Carryout? At this point the longest amount of time we would be using it is two weeks if that makes any difference.

Just to be clear, all TV's are "satellite ready!" If you have a Dish receiver it will work with any TV, old or new. I'm guessing you meant the cables are all there you just have to hook up the Dish.

As to your question, Legally no. Technically yes. Depending on where you go with the RV, you may or may not get your locals, but other programming is possible assuming you can see the satellites where the RV is.
Legally you would need a separate RV account but that would be for those that use the RV for more than two weeks, but in your case you can call Dish and have them change your account temporarily to where you RV will be. This will get you the locals in the area your RV is. Be advised it will also get you the local sports from there also, not yours unless you are still in the same area as you live.

I have the Carryout and it works fine with a vip211 with a EHD. It is legal as long as you send Dish a copy of the registration card for the RV.

Why would I need to send Dish a copy of the registration card for my RV? Do you mean insurance registration card?

You only need to send. A copy of your registration if you want to get distant network signal otherwise you do not need to send to dish.

Sent from my DROIDX

To make it legal, according to Dish, you need to send them your RV registration card. This then authorizes you to put one or more of your receivers in your RV, without opening a seperate account, like the second poster suggested. There is nothing stopping you from doing it anyway, since Dish will never know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)