Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This is one way to make money, similar to Tivo.

Bur if they expect to get much out of Peloton, forget it, they are so close to Bankruptcy now, this will just make it happen much more quickly.

Peloton is 1.6 Billion in debt for 2022, double from 2021, if they go, at least, Chapter 11, Dish will get pennies instead of dollars for the Patent Infringement.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
This is one way to make money, similar to Tivo.

Bur if they expect to get much out of Peloton, forget it, they are so close to Bankruptcy now, this will just make it happen much more quickly.

Peloton is 1.6 Billion in debt for 2022, double from 2021, if they go, at least, Chapter 11, Dish will get pennies instead of dollars.
Sweet! Ergan gets Peloton for pennies on the dollar and we all get an exercise bike in lieu of the Dish Ransomware attack messing things up. :D

Have you seen the price of those Peloton bikes? :imshocked
And then a monthly fee for someone yelling at you to go faster on the video screen.

I bought a commercial grade LifeCycle (the same ones at the gyms) and it was about $500 less then the Peloton, I then can yell at myself to save the $40 a month while riding.

And then a monthly fee for someone yelling at you to go faster on the video screen.

I bought a commercial grade LifeCycle (the same ones at the gyms) and it was about $500 less then the Peloton, I then can yell at myself to save the $40 a month while riding.
I can get paid that an hour to be yelled at, at work. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Foxbat
What kind of patent did they have on streaming? It seems like something that shouldn't be patentable -- and I wouldn't think that Dish would engage in litigating frivolous patents after being victimized by Tivo doing just that.

What kind of patent did they have on streaming? It seems like something that shouldn't be patentable -- and I wouldn't think that Dish would engage in litigating frivolous patents after being victimized by Tivo doing just that.

I don't know the specifics on the patents in question. But DISH was smart and bought Sling, who was at the forefront of streaming. They probably acquired patents from the Sling purchase. Clearly there is plenty of streaming going on but DISH is not suing Paramount+, YouTube, etc.....So the question is what was Peloton doing that is different than those other companies that may violate a patent Dish legitimately holds.

Dish probably should focus more on securing the company network and less on patent trolling.

Dish probably should focus more on securing the company network and less on patent trolling.
OK folks, fill in your favorite whine-

Dish should probably focus more on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and less on patent trolling.

Pick one:
programming
costs
picture quality
customer service
equipment
streaming
system security
user interface
programming guide

I mean why be concerned if some company has stolen your technology. So what? Let em go, it's only theft. :rolleyes:

OK folks, fill in your favorite whine-

Dish should probably focus more on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and less on patent trolling.

Pick one:
programming
costs
picture quality
customer service
equipment
streaming
system security
user interface
programming guide

I mean why be concerned if some company has stolen your technology. So what? Let em go, it's only theft. :rolleyes:
Agreed. Dish should have just dropped the lawsuit that had probably been going on for months or years as soon as they were hacked. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Tampa8
You win some, you lose some.

You win some, you lose some.

Wikipedia said:
ClearPlay is a parental control service that allows content filtering of streaming movies available on Disney+, Amazon Prime, HBOMax, Apple TV+ and Netflix. It automatically skips over or mutes undesirable content such as profanity, graphic violence, nudity, drug and adult-oriented content based on a customer's filter settings.
So umm... can this filter be used in reverse? Asking for a friend.