Dish came and put up a new dish, left the old ones. What to do?

sdschramm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
NA
My mother said she got a letter form Dish Network saying that they needed to replace her dishes with a new one. She used to have 2 dishes, both dish 500's, one has a dual LMB head, the other a single. She used to have 109/110 (I think) and the second dish I know was on 61.5 - They replaced it with a new bigger single dish that has three heads on it....I'm guessing its for Eastern Arc. (zip code is 17701) My mother is complaing because they took down the two old dishes and left them behind sitting in the yard. She thinks shes going to have to PAY to have someone dispose of them. I'm home for the weekend and looked everything over and sure enough, there are two dish 500's WITH LNB's sitting in her yard that Dish did not take. I did a search on eBay and found that these could be worth MONEY!?

My question is: A. Did dish accidentally forget to taken the old dishes with them, or did they leave them behind on purpose. B. If they did leave them behind on purpose and they are ours to keep, how much would they be worth? We have no use for them, so I'm thinking on listing them on Craigs List (as we don't want to have to ship them for an ebay buyer)

Thanks for any info that anyone can provide on this.

-Scott

They did the same with me; left two dishes, one for 110/119 and one for 61.5. Replace with one for 61.5/72/77 EA

When this happened to me I just took them to the recycling center which said they would take them, separate the parts and recycle the metal.

calrich said:
When this happened to me I just took them to the recycling center which said they would take them, separate the parts and recycle the metal.

Good idea. Save the planet.

We had three dishes. One Dish 500 hooked up to 110 & 119, another Dish 500 hooked up to 61.5 and a Eastern Arc Dish. When I moved everyone to one dish in order to upgrade my mother receiver they moved the EA dish and put it where the 61.5 Dish was and left the other Dish 500 and LNB's. They did not ask for the LNB 's back. I do want to take down the Dish 500 since it is not needed no more. That was the only problem with the installers as they should have taken it. The wing Dish we threw away in a garbage bag.

Most installers don't and won't take the old dish especially a non dish dish. It belongs to the home owner, and is considered stealing. They should have taken the LNB/s however, but if they didn't don't worry about it it will come out of the techs pocket not yours if it was supposed to be returned and he didn't take it.

Thanks for help everyone!
I'll be listing them on Craigs List, and will see what happens from there!

-Scott

If you don't care about a few cents, just leave them at the end of the driveway. They won't be there long.

When I upgraded to EA, they left everything old. The 500 dish and a 300 aimed at 61.5 with all of the LNB's.

The dishes I plan to sell to a local chinese restaurant to use as a wok. LOL

Are the LNB's worth anything? E-Bay style?

I hope somebody got a chuckle out of this message.

when I upgraded to EA they took the old dish .. :( well they had to at least take it off the pole because I won't let anything penetrate the roof! but I'd wished he'd left me the old dish ... Back when I had standard service.. I took one of my old dual's and used it to hook to one of the elcheapo 99 dollar receivers I picked up at radioshack ... thus with no tech visit fee ... I lined up the dish on my back porch, ran the old cable I had from old house, and within a short bit of time was watching the new receiver in the living room..

now with the EA stuff.. I'd either need additional dishes or have to purchase another EA 3lnb dish.. :(

digital echo said:
Thats the proper thing to do..

One of my coworkers was accused by a customer of stealing for disposing of the dishes for the cust. So now our office is 100% required to leave all old dishes, minus lnb's, at the customers houses unless specifically requested to take them with us. And also required to put it on the agreement if we are to do so. And leave the mounts on the roof (or where ever they are).

But then we had a customer call and complain because someone didnt take em with them and that created a tc.

Cant win for losing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)