Dish-carried DMA Satellite Info

mikej165

Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
Does anyone know where I might find a listing of Dish Network satellite information by DMA? I'm trying to compile a listing, by DMA, of the the satellite info for each channel, i.e. coordinates, whether it is a spot beam, etc. I've browsed around Lyngsat but the information there is not organized convenienty and some DMAs are missing.

I suspect that this list is out there 'floating around' since an installer would need to have it.

Thanks in advance.

Good stuff!

Thanks for posting those links! The information in there is MOST helpful. I apologize if some of my questions seem somewhat elementary, but I'm a relative newcoming to the satellite game...

Am I to assume that channels listed in as '10s12' and such under the transponder heading indicate Transponder 10, Spot Beam 12? That means that anything without an 's' in it is a non-spot beam?

Does that mean that regardless of where you are in the USA, you can receive all the channels for your receiver's coded region if they're NOT on a spot beam?

I believe all of that to be correct. And I think at the bottom of the channel chart TNGTony explains his spotbeam nomenclature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)