DISH - CenturyLink Nightmare

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Not sure why you think Google will be any different.

ISPs have local problems. Always. Some dope with a backhoe cuts the fiber feeding you place and you are down until they repair it.
A drunk hits a box somewhere and you're down. Availability for repair parts is an unknown.
(That was the issue with power after the tornado. Too out many HV towers and they didn't have enough parts available to replace that many, they had to be manufactured)

Now Charter is saying I should have service, but the "modem" isn't connecting.
Of course they never called me as promised when the earlier outage was corrected.

Google is working on plan to provide wireless internet services. You are right about the complexity, as the article here points out:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/googles-high-speed-web-plans-hit-snags-1471193165

And the saga on incompetence continues! So Aug 19th the day they promised internet services would be restored by CenturyLink has come and gone with no service yet. I called Dish Net Wireline on the day, aug 19th just to confirm all was good. The nice rep on the line 'checked' everything after spending 30 minutes to ensure me the order has been completed and I should check the modem after 8.00pm and complete the configuration steps to get it restarted. It was not activated at that time either. I decided not to call at night instead called this morning. After spending 60 minutes on the phone the nice 'rep' told me that CenturyLink messed up some wiring connection and the next time they can send someone to 'fix' it will be Friday August 26th! As a reminder this has been going on since August 8th!

And the saga on incompetence continues!
told me that CenturyLink messed up some wiring connection and the next time they can send someone to 'fix' it will be Friday August 26th!

There just aren't words to describe that level of incompetence. And ridiculous that they can't get back out to finish the job for a week.

Even when I had Century service they could get a tech out in a day or two tops.

Something sounds hokey between Century and Dish. One more example of why I don't do bundles across providers.

Even when I had Century service they could get a tech out in a day or two tops

Not anymore, their customer service is horrible these days.

My account is not bundled with anyone and is internet only. About 3 months ago I lost my temper with a csr over billing and had them cut it off. Not having any other options for internet I was calling back about an hr later to be reconnected. It took over a week and a 1/2 dozen calls to get it restored.

Charter is in the process of upgrading an ssd system locally. Our road hasn't been built but there's a good chance it will be according to the engineer I spoke with. Really looking forward to the day to fire centurylink permanently.

So I got internet service from my local cable company installed yesterday and then decided to call DISH to cancel my non-functional internet service.
After handing me around a few reps, they finally connected me to the loyalty department. After I explained the 2+ week saga in brief and asked her to please cancel my service request. Then I was told she will need to contact CenturyLink to find out if I used my non-functional internet service at all, or I have to pay a early-termination fee. At that point I said, in other words you want me to cancel the TV service too? She finally backed off and did the right thing and waive the "early termination fee" which I was never disclosed about during all of this mess! Good bye CenturyLink!

That does not solve the "monopoly = increased costs + poor service" problem, which is only getting worse with massive consolidations in play across various service sectors.
Actually, my comment was meant tongue in cheek that it might have been quicker to move than to continue to get such shoddy service.
I looked up where Johnston is and found that it what I would call a suburb of Des Moines which is one of the largest cities in Iowa. I wouldn't want to live closer than you are now to Des Moines but might want to live in an area where I might get better response when my provider makes a mistake and screws up my setup.

As an aside, I've lived in the suburbs of many cities in this country and have never had quite the shoddy service you have had. I hope you have better luck in the future.........

Actually, my comment was meant tongue in cheek that it might have been quicker to move than to continue to get such shoddy service.
I looked up where Johnston is and found that it what I would call a suburb of Des Moines which is one of the largest cities in Iowa. I wouldn't want to live closer than you are now to Des Moines but might want to live in an area where I might get better response when my provider makes a mistake and screws up my setup.

As an aside, I've lived in the suburbs of many cities in this country and have never had quite the shoddy service you have had. I hope you have better luck in the future.........

I agree with you, I have lived in the US since 1988, first 15 years in California and in Iowa since, and this past experience takes the cake as the worst ever!

They gave me new promo pricing, but I will likely go with my local cable company Mediacom. Not that much better company but they are offering 100 Mbps speeds compared to 20 Mbps for the same price.
I hope it works better than my 100MB service in Iowa. Wildly variable speeds and frequent drop-outs. (100 MB fiber with TDS in NH actually works all the time. And it's cheaper than Mediacom.)

I will have to live with whatever services I get. It is going to be better than the 16 MB I was getting with CenturyLink when it worked correctly. Never going back to CenturyLink after experiencing their world class customer service earlier this month!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)