Dish CES: Interview with Vivek Khemka

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1420566544.534563.jpg

Before the show floor opens.

We closed our business as of December 31st. I still currently have the Dish business alive but are running it on a very limited basis. One of my employees is going to be starting his own business in our town now doing everything that we did including Dish. He is currently taking care of my Dish service work at the moment. We still have to take care of some service and I have left over equipment that I need to move yet. I'm sure we'll keep the Dish business going on a limited basis for a few more months yet.

I'm already doing my new work duties and that is the reason why I haven't been posting as much as I normally do. It's only been a couple weeks and I already miss being on here but I'll try to be on here as much as I can. I'm going to try my best to keep up to date on any Dish news and if I get any new info I will post it here or report it to Scott ASAP. Even when I'm completely done I still plan on trying to get as much inside info as I can since my friend and old employee with be the new retailer in town.

Reactions: ChadT41
How come no more Team Summits for you? I wish they were closer to my area. Have they ever come to St Louis before?

I'm not sure if they have ever been to STL. This year's is in Phoenix, AZ. They usually don't have then in the Midwest which always drove me crazy because my biggest expense was the traveling. So far I went to Orlando, Denver, Nashville, Dallas twice and San Antonio twice. I think that's all the ones I've been to.

I'll be heading to STL in a month for a hockey game though. My first one.

We closed our business as of December 31st. I still currently have the Dish business alive but are running it on a very limited basis. One of my employees is going to be starting his own business in our town now doing everything that we did including Dish. He is currently taking care of my Dish service work at the moment. We still have to take care of some service and I have left over equipment that I need to move yet. I'm sure we'll keep the Dish business going on a limited basis for a few more months yet.

I'm already doing my new work duties and that is the reason why I haven't been posting as much as I normally do. It's only been a couple weeks and I already miss being on here but I'll try to be on here as much as I can. I'm going to try my best to keep up to date on any Dish news and if I get any new info I will post it here or report it to Scott ASAP. Even when I'm completely done I still plan on trying to get as much inside info as I can since my friend and old employee with be the new retailer in town.
Thanks for the update. I am glad you are sticking around. You have been a big help. Good luck to you.

Reactions: Scherrman
I'm not sure if they have ever been to STL. This year's is in Phoenix, AZ. They usually don't have then in the Midwest which always drove me crazy because my biggest expense was the traveling. So far I went to Orlando, Denver, Nashville, Dallas twice and San Antonio twice. I think that's all the ones I've been to.

I'll be heading to STL in a month for a hockey game though. My first one.
Thanks. San Antonio is my home town. If a CES is ever there again, maybe I will plan a trip and make it and visit everyone.

Sorry to hear you closed your store. I am planning on going to Team Summit this year... many DISH folks told me at CES I will want to be there for this one. :)

Reactions: Stargazer
I bet they announce some wifi / lte efforts at Team Summit. Probably phone/internet/tv wireless without the need of a satellite.

Sorry to hear you closed your store. I am planning on going to Team Summit this year... many DISH folks told me at CES I will want to be there for this one. :)

Nashville was suppose to be my last one but I missed it due to canceled flights. I was not happy, not because I missed out on much but because I just enjoy the experience. I loved going to Team Summit. It was like a mini vacation but I really enjoyed reporting all the news on here. It was pretty exciting and kind of made me feel a little important. :)

You have now peaked my interest as to what they are going to cover at Team Summit this year. They had a Retailer Chat today but I didn't see much on there. They talked some about Sling TV, CES and Team Summit, that was about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)