DISH channel title bar getting cut off with 16:9 aspect ratio

vojta3476

Original poster
Jan 11, 2014
Colorado
Hi,

I'm not someone who doesn't know about my TV's or satellite's aspect ratio settings. I have not figured out a solution to this problem after looking everywhere online so this is my last resort. Hope you guys can help me out!

Basically, the title bar for channels is cut off when I fill my TV's screen on a 16:9 aspect ratio channel (called "Letterbox" on the satellite and on "Wide" mode on my TV). Obviously switching to "Normal" on the satellite will cut off the sides, which I do not want. And going to "Normal" on the TV will allow me to see the title bar, but doesn't fill the whole TV screen. :( Basically the issue is that the channel title bar is in the black area above the 16:9 channel picture, because they expect you to be watching it on a 4:3 TV I guess.

From what I can tell, the only way to fix this would be to figure out a way to move the title bar downwards in the DISH receiver's settings, but I have no idea how to do that and I don't think there is a way. :confused: Any solutions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Austin

Vizio M321i-A2 television (has a true 16:9 ratio screen)
DISH 722k receiver (I get the SD input in my room where my TV is, but watch on HD channels anyway because I still think they look slightly better)
Below I will put a few pictures of the problem so you understand better

TV on "Wide," satellite on "Letterbox:"
KPrIhYD.jpg

TV on "Normal," satellite on "Letterbox:"
2I8LM3M.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Would there be a better option if it was switched to be the TV1?

The absence of an anamorphic widescreen setting on TV2 outputs drives me crazy too. If you are watching HD channels on the TV2 output, you might try putting the receiver in solo mode. TV1 outputs have an anamorphic widescreen setting for SD outputs, and this seems to carry over to TV2 outputs when the receiver is in solo mode. This will also give you PIP and swap, but you won't be able independently to view different programs on TV2 and TV1.

The absence of an anamorphic widescreen setting on TV2 outputs drives me crazy too.

Same here. Even their old standalone OTA digital tuner box (forgot the name) had anamorphic as an option when toggling format options. I think they called it FULL.

That would be such a greatly appreciated enhancement to their vip/Tuner2 boxes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts