Dish & comcast Question

RFtech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
Does anyone know if dish and comcast have any type of partnership?
I have E mailed the CEO of Dish several times about a local comcast issue and I never get a response. Last year the OLN problem was solved with no details on
the settlement. Has Charlie made a date with the devil!!!!!!!!

RFtech said:
Does anyone know if dish and comcast have any type of partnership?
I have E mailed the CEO of Dish several times about a local comcast issue and I never get a response. Last year the OLN problem was solved with no details on
the settlement. Has Charlie made a date with the devil!!!!!!!!
The OLN deal was completed in May of this year..OLN is on ch 151..

RandallA said:
"I have E mailed the CEO of Dish several times about a local comcast issue and I never get a response."

Why would you? Two separate companies.
I understand they are two companies but Charlie shoud respond to how comcast
has made a deal with the FCC in the Philadelphia market to keep CSN off the local
market. This was all done when the Time Warner deal was made.

Consumer Watch: FCC's likely cable ruling would leave out Phila.
Tomorrow, the Federal Communications Commission is expected to take two steps that will affect consumers here and elsewhere for years to come. As things stand, one of them will be awfully hard to explain.
After 15 months of jockeying, FCC Chairman Kevin J. Martin is pushing to approve a $17 billion deal conceived by Comcast and Time Warner. It calls for them to divvy up the cable franchises of bankrupt Adelphia Communications, then swap systems to enlarge their footprints in markets one or the other already dominates.
The two cable companies, already the nation's largest, say expanded regional "clusters" will make each of them more efficient, to the benefit of consumers as well as shareholders.
To clinch the deal, Martin wants to impose conditions to limit the two companies' market power - a primary concern among rivals and critics.
A key condition is that Comcast and Time Warner must forswear a practice that has brought Comcast considerable notoriety: its refusal to share its Philadelphia sports channel, SportsNet, with its satellite competitors, Dish Network and DirecTV.
The rub? Martin proposes to bar the practice everywhere else, but not here Philadelphia - the only city where either company locks up local sports.
That's right. After years of complaints by Philadelphia sports fans that we're captive customers of Comcast, the FCC is about to take decisive action - by ignoring us.

I just want to see what Charlie has to say about this, I get no response

Why don't you email Murdoch, it was his lobbying force that failed on this one, ask him how he feels. DTV has been trying for years to get Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia on their system, but alas, they lost again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)