Dish Contractor for RSP

MikeDish

Original poster
May 30, 2015
Virginia
I've been a satellite contractor for several years now. I got my start with C-Band when I was 13 years old working for my dad. I'm now working for an RSP and something doesn't feel right. They seem to be doing a good job for Dish, so I doubt there is little that could be done anyhow, but at least I get to vent. First, my routes are often over 200 miles per day (I pay for my gas and maintenance). Second, my pay and most every other techs pay was cut by 1/3rd or more.

We were told Dish made several cuts which in turn are being handed down to us. If we don't reach almost perfect metric scores we are heavily hit in pay deductions. However, when we do make the metrics we do not see a single cent more. One of our metrics is smart home sales and I stink at selling, but I have no choice but to waste more valuable time trying to get customers to buy more.

Third, and more important then all is my quality of work has declined trying to make up time to sell more and do more work. I'm not proud of this and to be honest I am ashamed of myself. The customers deserve better and so do most quality techs.

We work every day of the year, including Thanksgiving and Christmas. I just want know why the most important asset Dish has (we are the face of the company at every customers house) is being treated this way.

I've been a satellite contractor for several years now. I got my start with C-Band when I was 13 years old working for my dad. I'm now working for an RSP and something doesn't feel right. They seem to be doing a good job for Dish, so I doubt there is little that could be done anyhow, but at least I get to vent. First, my routes are often over 200 miles per day (I pay for my gas and maintenance). Second, my pay and most every other techs pay was cut by 1/3rd or more.

We were told Dish made several cuts which in turn are being handed down to us. If we don't reach almost perfect metric scores we are heavily hit in pay deductions. However, when we do make the metrics we do not see a single cent more. One of our metrics is smart home sales and I stink at selling, but I have no choice but to waste more valuable time trying to get customers to buy more.

Third, and more important then all is my quality of work has declined trying to make up time to sell more and do more work. I'm not proud of this and to be honest I am ashamed of myself. The customers deserve better and so do most quality techs.

We work every day of the year, including Thanksgiving and Christmas. I just want know why the most important asset Dish has (we are the face of the company at every customers house) is being treated this way.
You are being treated exactly the way DISH has treated dealers since they started the business. I was part of a class action law suit and we won against DISH. That is the only time I felt DISH ever compensated me correctly. That was simply because DISH was forced into paying what it owed, but don't ask how many years it was tied up in the legal system.

You are being treated exactly the way DISH has treated dealers since they started the business. I was part of a class action law suit and we won against DISH. That is the only time I felt DISH ever compensated me correctly. That was simply because DISH was forced into paying what it owed, but don't ask how many years it was tied up in the legal system.

They got off cheap settling for 60 million.

The only reason why the pay was as much as it was, was due to the fact so few people sent in the required paperwork.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)