Dish CSR's... Is there a better way???

emdawgz1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
I was just trying to find an upgrade path, i currently own a dish 811 w/ a single lnb dish. I own Superdish but i cant mount it myself.

I was trying to call Dish and see if there was an upgrade path that would allow me to pay to get an upgrade dish mounted.

Called Dish and spoke w/ the csr, or i tried to speak w/ them.
I understand the concept of outsourcing, and im not some xenophobe from the sticks ( i speak 3 languages myself) but GOD! they cant speak english at all! i spoke to 3 csr's all some where in india or bangladesh, and each was worse than the next.

How difficult can it be to find competent customer service reps!

I'm trying to increase my monthly bill to dish, but they cant get the money because their CRS's cant understand me!:mad:

emdawgz1 said:
I was just trying to find an upgrade path, i currently own a dish 811 w/ a single lnb dish. I own Superdish but i cant mount it myself.
I was trying to call Dish and see if there was an upgrade path that would allow me to pay to get an upgrade dish mounted.
Called Dish and spoke w/ the csr, or i tried to speak w/ them.
I understand the concept of outsourcing, and im not some xenophobe from the sticks ( i speak 3 languages myself) but GOD! they cant speak english at all! i spoke to 3 csr's all some where in india or bangladesh, and each was worse than the next.
How difficult can it be to find competent customer service reps!
I'm trying to increase my monthly bill to dish, but they cant get the money because their CRS's cant understand me!:mad:

When I called DISH sales for new customer, the CSRs sound like Americans. For all other departments, they sound outsourced. I think Dish is focusing their local CSR on new customer sales. I have no problem understanding any of the CSR I have spoken to so far (about 10 in various departments), and I'm not sure the competency is related to their location either. Its just the luck of the draw playing CSR roulette to find a good one. :D

I can tell you that alot of my customers that I meet each week are very unhappy with the out of country call centers and the csr's that are employed there mostly due to language barriers and the resulting confusion.

Van said:
I can tell you that alot of my customers that I meet each week are very unhappy with the out of country call centers and the csr's that are employed there mostly due to language barriers and the resulting confusion.

I hang up when I get one.:mad:

I haven't had this issue with CSRs from Dish yet, but my installer that came could *barely* speak a word of english.

Spoke to a CSR last night to make an upgrade - I think rather than the reps themselves, it's the momentary delay in hearing their voice from when they must actually be talking that makes it more difficult than any language barrier. My rep spoke English well, albeit with a thick accent - but was understandable, if not for the ever-present pause.

By the end of my call I think I figured out that their location must have been introducing the delay (a good couple seconds) from when I heard them/when they heard me.

My $0.02.

Van said:

This is when ceo@dishnetwork.com comes in handy. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)