Dish CSR's really have gone downhill

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Widescreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
Allen, TX (Dallas area)
I've been with Dish nearly 10 years. Overall, my experience with their CSR's over that time has been decent - apparently better than many folks who post here. My opinion has dramatically changed in the last 2 weeks.

I called 2 weeks ago to order a 622 and to the CSR's credit, he got it out to me on time. I had to call 5 times to try to get the thing to activate but it wouldn't (I just pulled my 942 and put the 622 in its place). Eventually they decide to replace the receiver because the DNASP version was incorrect and they couldn't seem to get it to update. This was on Saturday 9/23. The tech said they would blue label me a new/refurb on Monday the 25th.

So Wednesday comes and no receiver. Thursday comes and no receiver so Thurs night I call back and the tech I got ahold of said they never shipped the replacement receiver. So I explained everything that had happened and asked her to please ship the replacement 622. She said she'd expedite the shipping. So on Saturday 9/30 I get the idea to try to activate my original 622 again because I noticed that the DNASP had somehow updated to the current version. As I was working through the problem with another tech we realize that it still won't activate and I told her that it was fine because there was already a replacement 622 coming my way. She looked and said that they had sent me a 942, not a 622. So she goes off and come back and says they'll expedite a 622 to me. So basically, if everybody shipped when they were supposed to, I'll be getting a 942 and a 622 today.

Why is it so hard for people to do their jobs? It's not rocket surgery. Just follow through and ship what you're supposed to ship when you're supposed to ship it. I'm halfway expecting to either receive ONLY a 942 today or a 942 and a model 4000.

Well this happens with alot of services nation wide.. Sometimes it all depends who you deal with.. Some folks do a better job than others but you run into this with just about everything.. Is it right no but it happens..

I certainly understand that this can happen but for it to happen twice with 2 different CSR's on the same incident is ridiculous. If I was a new customer, I would've cancelled on the spot. That would've been a HORRIBLE first impression.

Yeah they need to improve but most CSR"s for any company are never perfect..

Poke said:
Yeah like I said they need to improve but what company doesn’t..

It is going on with most companies because the CEO's are earning seven figures. They cut csr positions and pay hamburger joint wages, so they get hamburger joint help. And as long as they are winning the lottery every year they surely do not care about the person making 15-17K yr. Now if their salary was tied to the performance of their employees and satisfaction of the customers, then this might change.

I wonder how we could do that- tie their compensation to metrics that matter to the CUSTOMER!

mzopinionated said:
survey's filled out by customers:D

Don't always work---I know someone who manages a call center and tells me that 1/3 of surveys they get back have the wrong pronoun when referring to the csr... he when it was a she, and she when it was a he... and sometimes even referrs to things that didn't even have anything to do with the call according to the case notes...

I have been a dish subscriber for 8 days and spoken with a CSR 3 times. First to upgrade to DishHD Platinum, second to order NHL CI (starts today WOO HOO!) and third to order my ViP622. So far all of them speak English and handled my requests fine. The guy today that took my 622 order did have a lot of "hmmm & uhhh" but what should we expect for 7.15/hr?

I have also e-mailed them twice, once to DishHD@echostar.com and Feedback@echostar.com, both responses were a lil slow (in the electronic world) but my questions were answered and answered quickly.

mzopinionated said:
...Now if their salary was tied to the performance of their employees and satisfaction of the customers, then this might change.
Top executive compensation is tied to only one thing, the performance of the company's stock usually measured as EPS (earnings per share). In most cases they can manage that better than we peons can. That's why they command the 7-figure compensation packages. This is capitalism, remember...?

not enough competition maybe?

It seems to me the big guys in any marketplace (retail, auto, TV, OIL ) tend to collude behind the scenes with each other in order to control their markets leading to no competition between themselves. No competition leads to being able to cut corners, i.e. hiring low-cost workers who aren't motivated. Most small companies that are trying to become a "big boy" company tend to have motivated, incentive driven CSRs to make sure the company grows and expands. The big boys just don't care about customers (period).

bhelms said:
Top executive compensation is tied to only one thing, the performance of the company's stock usually measured as EPS (earnings per share). In most cases they can manage that better than we peons can. That's why they command the 7-figure compensation packages. This is capitalism, remember...?

Very true, but this country was founded on capitalism and 20, 30 or 40 yrs ago the CEO's did not get 20 or more times the salary of the regular workers. (that is assuming at 20 times the average worker makes 50k yr (dream on) and the ceo is pulling in just 1,000,000. yr. Customer service was better. If someone is not held accountable for lack of customer service wait 10 more years and you will only think it is bad now.

The guy today that took my 622 order did have a lot of "hmmm & uhhh" but what should we expect for 7.15/hr?

How about proper English at any pay scale. Does not speak well for his self esteem. Does not speak well for his supervisors that allow this from a phone rep. He gets paid to do a job and give his employer 100% everyday regardless of wether he sweeps the floor or balances the books.

@redwings

your experience does not show poor csrs, it shows they did their best to help you with the information they had in front of them. because your installation was botched does not make the csrs bad.

I worked as a CSR for a computer software and hardware reseller. Our 'jobs' were to assists the customers with Order Status. But the sales manager used us as more as interference blockers between the customers and the sales reps once their order was signed. I know not all companies work that way but most companies, as we all know from E*'s example, don't care about existing customers and only want new money.

moltomateo said:
@redwings

your experience does not show poor csrs, it shows they did their best to help you with the information they had in front of them. because your installation was botched does not make the csrs bad.

Their attitudes and the fact they kept telling me I "won't be getting the credit now" no matter what shows they don't know what they are doing. If they don't have the authority to offer a credit to fix Dish's mistake, tell me to hold on and transfer me to someone who will. Don't sit there and try to BS me about the "promotion" i signed up for....because last time I checked...it wasn't a promotion..it was there everyday basic option. I shouldn't know more about the service they provide than they do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)