dish customer service at its best!!!

hclarkjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
PA
the last 2 months i have had to contact dish to get a credit that was supposed to be on my account. they would bill me for the next month then fail to deduct the credit. read the transcipt from the last fiasco with them -

(03) Diana B: Thank you.
(03) Diana B: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Diana B: Which credit are you looking at?
Harry Clark: there was a credit for $9 and some cents on my account and when the bill for may was posted they did not deduct it from it. this happened last month also and i had to contact customer support to get it back
Harry Clark: the dish network billing service is not that good, very disappointed with it
(03) Diana B: I apologized for the inconvenience caused.
(03) Diana B: However, your normal monthly bill is $86.48 with taxes.
Harry Clark: i have been with dish since december of last year and almost every bill since then has required me to contact dish for errors in billing
(03) Diana B: However, as you had a credit of $9 on the previous month's bill, your bill was $77.02 only.
Harry Clark: correct, the $9 and some should be taken from that then making it $76 and some
(03) Diana B: I will help you with the detail charges on the bill.
(03) Diana B: Classic Gold 250 is $67.99 + Gold HD $10.00 + Multi Sports $5.99 = $83.98 and you are getting a credit of $3.00 on your account as you are under the promotion Dish DVR Advantage Plan.
(03) Diana B: After the credit of $3 your monthly bill will be $80.98 + taxes $5.40 = $86.38.
Harry Clark: so why wasn't the $9 credit deducted?
(03) Diana B: I am sorry, the credit was given to the account only for one month.
(03) Diana B: However, it was not given for the next bill.
Harry Clark: then why was it posted, it was there yesterday
(03) Diana B: I understand your concern.
(03) Diana B: Please do not worry about the charge that is on the account.
(03) Diana B: I will go ahead and give you a credit of $9.00 to your account for this month.
(03) Diana B: I will also leave a note on the account regarding the credit.
(03) Diana B: You will see the credit on your next month's bill.
(03) Diana B: I have just processed the credit of $9.00 to your account.
(03) Diana B: You are all set. Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?
Harry Clark: why is it being posted to my account and not being deducted?
Harry Clark: this is 2 months in a row that this has happened
(03) Diana B: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
(03) Diana B: I will make sure this will not happen from next month onwards.
Harry Clark: what is the credit for?
(03) Diana B: I will also leave a note on your account retarding the bill so that you will not be charged from next month onwards.
Harry Clark: if i am not supposed to get why is it being posted there?
(03) Diana B: The credit for the HD Gold pack.
(03) Diana B: Please do not worry about the charge.
(03) Diana B: You will definitely seethe credit on your next month's bill.
Harry Clark: i am not worried about, i just want my bill to be correct
(03) Diana B: Do you have anymore questions for me?
Harry Clark: no
(03) Diana B: Yes, your bill has been corrected.
(03) Diana B: Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
(03) Diana B: Bye.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
spacer.gif

let this be a warning to those considering getting dish and reading through these posts

yes, warning. a warning on how bad their customer service is and to maybe consider getting direct TV instead. as soon as my contract is up i am saying so long to dish network. and it is not just over this issue

was you born a moron or did you become one later in life? the credit was posted to my acccount and not deducted. how am i trying to scam them??? if you have nothing constructive to say in the thread do us all a favor and keep your moronic comments to yourself

I guess I don't get what the big deal is. Obviously their putting a note in your account, do you think the billing subsystem reads notes on the account? No, it expects that for things like that you call in and have it done by hand. My time is pretty valuable, but I don't think doing a web chat for a $9 credit is that big of a deal, honestly. You could probably even do a web chat every 3 months and get 3 months worth done at the same time.

You must be new in this world if you think Dish is alone with billing irregularities. Go over to the dbstalks site and read about D*s billing.

was you born a moron or did you become one later in life? the credit was posted to my acccount and not deducted. how am i trying to scam them??? if you have nothing constructive to say in the thread do us all a favor and keep your moronic comments to yourself

hey,i understand you're upset but you were able to resolve it right? we all have to be on top of our monthly bills to make sure there are no errors. just make sure every month your E statement is correct. these things happen with all providers :)

guys, it is not just this issue. it is combo of everything that has happened with dish since they installed the dish in december. very disappointed with their service, i cringe every time i see those comercials where they proclaim their customer service to be the best. yeah right.

In the seven years+ I have been with Dish, I have had one billing problem with Dish. One problem in 84 months isn't a bad average if you ask me. Then again, I'm also not calling other members here morons eithers, so...

It seems like the issue was resolved... I understand the complaint of both billing errors and repeated contact; but in this case it seems like everything was handled.

Yes Dish Network CS does suck most of the time but no customer service would please the OP. Im surprised she didnt close the chat.

It's so tiresome to keep reading these stupid "Dish's Customer Service is teh suxorz!" threads. PLEASE show me how Direct's service is so much better? Right now my friend has had a tech come to his house 3 times for the same problem, a pixelated dvr. The tech has broke 3 appointments with him, customer service says there is nothing wrong, and no one wants to do sh*t for him, and he's been a customer for I don't know how long, but over 5 years.

You used the online chat support, and that is your problem. Everytime I have had a problem, I get someone in the US to take my call, and the problems are usually solved. It's not until I get some big problems like a line of sight issue at my old house, that I had problems with Dish. Other then that, it's been a great ride so far!

The man is venting, Let him do it. Man its become pathetic around here when someone obviously new around here does anything. Let him vent for crying out loud.

Dish is pathetic, you all know it.

I Have them and i think they suck, like i said its venting or an opinion, either way people that have them around here seem to get hammered everytime.."We used to call it"? Who is we?

My point was leave the noob alone everytime they post something that you high and mighty one disagree..

The man is venting, Let him do it. Man its become pathetic around here when someone obviously new around here does anything. Let him vent for crying out loud.

Dish is pathetic, you all know it.

one thing is venting and calling others morons is something else:). i don't agree with juan's comment but to respond in the same manner isn't any better. someone has a problem with a post,report it.

I Have them and i think they suck, like i said its venting or an opinion, either way people that have them around here seem to get hammered everytime.."We used to call it"? Who is we?

My point was leave the noob alone everytime they post something that you high and mighty one disagree..

i agree. this happens but, since we all know it happens it would be wise not to start a thread like this. i'm not saying it's right i'm just saying you're looking for trouble when a thread like this is posted. people don't like being told their service stinks if they've never had an issue personally with the provider in question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts