DISH, DirecTV to merge?

Certainly not around here. Last time I looked Cox had PAGES of fees. And FiOS, is, of course, more expensive. Neither approach the Hoppers.

Don’t we read of many complaints about Comcast and other pricing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pay Cox $133 for 150/10 internet and advanced basic / contour tv 140+ channels with a cable card for my 4 tuner tivo and 2 tivo minis. The only fees I see are RSN, Locals, Cable Card, Franchise Fee and taxes.

Under new customer bundling contracts? Sure it is. Even at full retail pricing it will be a little cheaper than Dish or ATT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Maybe Southern, IL is different, but up here, Comcast is well known for it's insane price increases and billing practices

Maybe Southern, IL is different, but up here, Comcast is well known for it's insane price increases and billing practices

I have Mediacom as its the only game in town. Their fees for equipment are as bad as any except for cablecards, which are only $1.99/month.

And if you don’t bundle at least 2 services, their prices are a bit insane too! But bundling saves a fair amount. When I started with the bundle I was saving about $70/month over buying internet from them and having Dish.

My bill for 200/20 internet w/2Tb data cap and nearly all their channels, including the big 4 Premiums is $197 all in. Retail for that is around $250. 200/20 internet is $99/month by itself, but if you only have internet, then there have a surcharge that is applied or not for no apparent reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sports is truly the only thing that DirecTV has on Dish. Well, that and HBO. Honestly, if they were to merge, it would be the same as Primestar becoming DirecTV. Furthermore, Sunday Ticket would finally be available on cable. After that contract ends, Dish won't pay for those rights.

If they don’t then they’ll go bankrupt. Won’t be able to compete with cord-cutting. Cable is dying too.

If they don’t then they’ll go bankrupt. Won’t be able to compete with cord-cutting. Cable is dying too.
Maybe or maybe not. Don't forget that whole middle of the country where cable and high speed internet isn't available. Cable will live on through internet services, just cable television will decline. But, Verizon, Comcast, and the rest will still be here. What Dish needs to do is perfect internet by satellite. Once that happens, then it will be the same battle, just over a new medium.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Maybe or maybe not. Don't forget that whole middle of the country where cable and high speed internet isn't available. Cable will live on through internet services, just cable television will decline. But, Verizon, Comcast, and the rest will still be here. What Dish needs to do is perfect internet by satellite. Once that happens, then it will be the same battle, just over a new medium.
Spaces and Amazon are doing that with their LEO satellite fleet. That’s the only way to fix satellite internet, unless Charlie can make radio signals go faster then then speed of light.

The 5G network is already being built and is very far along already. (Currently as a iOT network not 5G)

I think the AT&T buyout is still a few years away and if AT&T keeps running Directv like they are he will buy it for pennies on the dollar.

It will be interesting to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

So folks expect Charlie to build a new G5 wireless network, buy AT&T and now develop a new satellite based internet service. Boy you’re expecting a lot from the man.
I'd buy internet by satellite if it could deliver the same speeds as cable. Where I live, I'm guarenteed to have some long term cable outage every two or three years during the winter. Tree limbs are wiping out power and cable TV lines all the time during heavy snow. I have a generator. So, that's what keeps me on satellite TV. It would be great to also have internet ready to go, once the generator turns on.

I'd buy internet by satellite if it could deliver the same speeds as cable. Where I live, I'm guarenteed to have some long term cable outage every two or three years during the winter. Tree limbs are wiping out power and cable TV lines all the time during heavy snow. I have a generator. So, that's what keeps me on satellite TV. It would be great to also have internet ready to go, once the generator turns on.

Starlink. Soon. :)

Reactions: The Fat Man
Mike as well.
A lot of approvals have to happen before the T-mobile /Sprint merger is to happen and that is what Charlie is hanging his hopes on for the 5g thing to come online and the FCC has to approve the new deadline that Charlie wants to make that 5g thing happen. Unless the FCC approves the new deadline and the merger actually goes through, it still won't happen. The original deadline is less than 6 months from now. So until I see it come online, I won't believe it will happen. ;)

Orby is pretty much of a joke mainly for people who can't qualify for Dish or DirecTV.
Not true. I have a credit score near 800.
I do not want contracts with any type of provider. I do not watch sports or PPV.
I am getting some top tier channels on orby for 50.00 a month that I would have to pay over 100.00 a month for on dish and DirecTV. I also do not have to pay extra receiver fees up to 4 rooms.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

There is orby tv satellite service

:p:p:p Orby is pretty much a joke. A few channels stuffed on two transponders on a Ku satellite that you have to buy some sub standard equipment to watch. And by time you buy the equipment and get it installed it's not any cheaper than DISH.

Not true. I have a credit score near 800.
I do not want contracts with any type of provider. I do not watch sports or PPV.
I am getting some top tier channels on orby for 50.00 a month that I would have to pay over 100.00 a month for on dish and DirecTV. I also do not have to pay extra receiver fees up to 4 rooms.

You get FOX News? How about USA or SciFi? The channel selection is thin at best. You have to buy a substandard box for each additional TV. The DVR is pitiful. No locals unless you can get them from an antenna, and on and on.

Glad you're happy with it but most people definitely wouldn't be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)