Dish+Dish=Superdish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
B

Benjamin

Original poster
After 9+ hours of attempting to get a signal with a superdish, I gave up and installed a regular dish. Is there a way to add another regular dish and get the 148 signal on it? (I'm trying to get Gemini TV on the West Coast).

Thanks for your help!

Benjamin said:
After 9+ hours of attempting to get a signal with a superdish, I gave up and installed a regular dish. Is there a way to add another regular dish and get the 148 signal on it? (I'm trying to get Gemini TV on the West Coast).

Thanks for your help!
Gemini TV is only available on 121, which requires a superdish (or equivilent). You can't use a regular Dish500 or Dish300 dish to pick it up and you can't get the station from 148. Make sure your SuperDish is a 121 SuperDish and not a 105 SuperDish. Most of the SuperDishes I've seen on eBay are 105 wich can't be converted to 121.

Why can't the dish be converted? Assuming the reflector is the same (I believe it is - or close enough anyway), all that's needed is the 121 mounting hardware - and that's only if you want to also use it as a Dish 500.

If all you're going to use the SuperDish for is 121, I don't see any problem with just swinging it over there.

What about a stand alone 30" dish with a KU LNB for 121, and a switch to add it to say a Dish, "A Poor mans Superdish" or is it a "wise mans" superdish!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)