Dish doesnt support Marriages

I agrea, if you can aford 8 hd sets in the house then you can aford to buy the additional hd boxes, then again why do kids need to have hd sets let alone tv's in their rooms anyways?

... I just thought voicing my opinion would get some who agree'd with my point...

I guess you got your answer.
You showed up whining and demanding special treatment because you were getting married, and that you shouldn't have to pay for something that anyone else would have to pay for. You don't pull to many people onto your side with that kind of argument.

If he had (4) HDTVs and (4) SDTVs, he probably wouldn't be as concerned. He has, I believe, (8) HDTVs and wants HD programming on each. I guess running HDMI/DVI to the "close" TV and component to the "shared" TV is an option. There's *no* way all (8) TVs are needed to be used at once when there's only (4) people. The long component cables won't be cheap but compared to paying (2) full bills each month, I think it's more cost-effective.

If he had (4) HDTVs and (4) SDTVs, he probably wouldn't be as concerned. He has, I believe, (8) HDTVs and wants HD programming on each. I guess running HDMI/DVI to the "close" TV and component to the "shared" TV is an option. There's *no* way all (8) TVs are needed to be used at once when there's only (4) people. The long component cables won't be cheap but compared to paying (2) full bills each month, I think it's more cost-effective.

Well even if they do have 8 HD tv's with 2x622 and 2x222 that they have now they are not getting all 8 tv's HD.

My girlfriend and I both have Dish. We both lease a 622 and 222 each total of four boxes under our own accounts.

So pony up a bit of cash and buy a 622, 222, a DPP44 switch, and hand the tech an extra $100 to hook them up when you have the house installed. One time purchase and then you only pay the extra receiver fees a month. Thats less than 1200 onetime cost,and if you cancel you can sell the receivers and switch and get a good chunk of the money back.

We had a similar situation recently. I have a 622, a 510 & a 310. I just purchased a plasma for the bedroom and wanted to replace the 510 (SD DVR) with an HD DVR. Of course, the only Dish HD DVRs are dual tuners. This would create 5 tuners in my household. It is not possible to connect the 310 TV to the 622 box in my bedroom as it is on the other side of the house and a different floor.

After speaking to a regular customer rep and a CEO @ Dish rep, even though I said I could easily have that setup with Direct TV, they both told me it was impossible, and additionally, the CEO@Dish rep was rude, accusing me of calling a second time after I was denied a first, and warning me not to call again.

So of course I call the CEO@Dish line again and ask to speak to a supervisor, this rep asked for a chance to try to assist me first. After an hour on the phone, we worked out a solution that I would get the 622 in my bedroom and they would replace my leased 310 with a used 310 that I would purchase for $0. The only cost to me would be $99 for a switch if I don't have one already installed (which I think I do).

First, I think what they do for you, depends on what type of customer you are. I am out of my contract, I have been with them for around 7 years and have mostly all options. I pay around $140 a month, and there is probably little or no cost for my account. For me to move to Direct TV or FIOS, they lose that income. For them to lay out another box or two is a smart business decision as they will make it up in 3 or 4 months.

Secondly, this two tuner HD DVR thing is stupid!!! The second TV doesn't even output in HD, plus you should be able to get a single tuner HD DVR for situations like mine.

Joe

Speak of owning a house, if you own a house that has 4 apartments and you live in 1 can there be 1 account for the whole house since you own it?

Thats what I asked for up front. They dont allow it.
If I close my account being the oldest and will be at end of contact
I have to turn my boxes back in to Dish..then to get the same back
Buy in FULL new units at Full price.

Moving from one to another Im told is not an option.
can't do that....leased equipemnt has to go back to Dish if the account is cancelled.. But i guess you know that..
This sucks. I did an install at a home rcently for the same reasons. The couple was recently wed. They both had individual accounts. The sytem was already in place. all I had to do was swap her Eq for his and deactivate hers.
The asked if I could just install her EQ in the same house. I called and Dish told me that the accounts could not be comingled and once she cancelled her account ,the EQ had oto be sent back..
This is one of the tradeoffs of getting leased EQ for little cash up front.

Yes thats exactly it. 4 Tv sets which is what you get when you have
the dual tuners. Tho I will have a combined total of 6 HD TVs so why should I have to pay for all those sat boxes.

We all know in 2009 its all going to HD. Am I breaking new ground here
for Dish to re-write the policies when households go 100% HD. There are going to be those SD tvs out there and thats what Dish can deal with today. But when homes dump the old sets and get HD in even just 5 rooms
Either they will need to change there own rules and support ALL tvs in HD
or come up with new boxes to support 2 HD TV outs.

This already has me thinking that among pulling 2 RG6 and 2 Cat5E I perhaps should leave a pull string or just put an addtl HDMI cable in and take it back to my structure wiring panel in the new home. This might let me consolidate 2 HD boxes in a central place and use some HDMI switcher to push the HD sig to any TV I wish via remote. Some tvs will just have to watch the same sig tho.
"We all know in 2009 its all going to HD"
Ok...please do not take this the worng way...
That is not true. The switchover is effecting over the air broadcasts only...And the broadcasts are not going HD. They are switching from analog signals to digital.

"We all know in 2009 its all going to HD"
Ok...please do not take this the worng way...
That is not true. The switchover is effecting over the air broadcasts only...And the broadcasts are not going HD. They are switching from analog signals to digital.

Didn't we cover this already in this thread?