Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Yesterday it seemed like all the problems that Dish Network has been facing over the past few months suddenly went away. Dish Network custome...

CLICK HERE FOR THE REST...

Catch new editions of "The Satellite Dish" at MultiChannel.COM!

I have been a DISH subscriber ever since VOOM went dark, now I may drop DISH. What's going on with VOOM...and more importantly, what does it mean for those of us folks that have been providing viewers w/ true HD programming. I came staff on w/ HD News @ the beginning and have been through the good and bad w/ them. Echo-Star deals for the satellite, Dolan family feuds and I never lost faith. Now I'm really worried - more for my co-workers than myself. We knew there were going to be some changes coming down the pike soon - w/ the DISH/Cablevision lawsuit, but now we're dark. Hopefully the Dolan family (Charles and Pat anyway) will keep the faith and get us on the air w/ some other provider. I don't think Cablevision in the NE US will keep us afloat. They have saved us before, maybe they can do it again.
Many viewers really love our product - it's a niche market, but the we have lots of very loyal viewers. I can't figure out how Kung Fu HD and Monster HD are keepers when we aren't. I guess it's above my pay-grade.
And I'm really irritated w/ providers - DISH and others trying to pass off letter boxed SD for true HD. Many local news stations and some national network (CNN) have said that they are true HD - and the only ones around. BS. No other station or network in the US has all of their programming in HD. I'm in the field w/ their crews and most are still shooting nothing but SD. A few are playing w/ HD for special projects, but that doesn't make them all HD. It makes them hacks. HD News is a niche network, but we have paved the way w/ NHK (Japan) for the rest of the news world to go HD. It's been fun, adventurous and many times frustrating being ahead of the technology curve, but I would do it all again. And I hope I have a chance to do just that.
Keep the faith.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)