Dish DVR upgrade question....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dodgerblu526

Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Eugene, OR
First off I would like to say to Scott and the rest of the gang what an awesome website you all have here, and that I really enjoy reading all the posts and loads of information everyone shares! You all have played an important role in my "HD 101" education! :D

(long time viewer first time caller):)

Ok...now to my question. I have been with Dish for the last 7 years and have just recently joined the "HD Nation" and upgraded to the Dish 250 and HD Ultimate plan. I have 2 receivers ,one is the HD 622 DVR (main viewing room) and the other is my existing standard 522 DVR (for the bedroom). When I asked my installer if I could split my 622 to two rooms and get rid of the 522 he said " that it wouldn't be a good idea and that you don't want to split your HD signal into two rooms beacause you will lose quality in the signal".

So what I would like to know is 1) is this true? and 2) does this mean I have to have two different HD dishes/receivers to get HD in both rooms? I know I should be asking the fine folks at Dish Customer Service (I know what they will say) I just wanted to get some opinions first before I make the call and fork out money that I may not need to spend. :rolleyes:

Thank you all for any input and information you may give!

-Mike

Time to call BS on that one. The 622 can output Tv1 in HD but TV2 in SD. You can get HD to both rooms by using HDMI on one tv and component on the other tv but you are watching off the same tuner.

If you wanted SD on your second tv there was no reason the 622 could not be used for tv2. There is no degradation of signal at all. Not quite sure if this is the setup your after but what the installer told you is crap.

You could also output HD to one TV via HDMI and to the other TV via Component cables and Optical audio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)