Dish ever going to add more RSN's

Tivo4Sure

Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Madison, WI
Is Dish ever going to add more RSN's?

Hello forum! I am a new subscriber to Dish Network with America's Top250, no locals, 2 year contract. I also have a Tivo Series 2 DVR and decided to forego Dish's DVR and go with the HD Duo Receiver. Sure glad I went that route! :)

My big question is WHEN oh WHEN is Dish going to add FSN-Wisconsin. It has its own programming schedule and shows many Badger broadcasts and local sports broadcasts that DISH does not bother to pick up on the alternative channels.

When is even the last time DISH has added a non HD RSN channel?

Last edited:
I have a feeling it won't show up anytime soon, just like FS Indiana. I carry basic cable with my internet service so I receive it (FS IN) that way.

I'm a little curious why you wouldn't want a Dish HD DVR? Being able to record sports in HD trumps any interface differences for me and, the TIVO ruling only applies to the older non VIP DVRs.

I have a feeling it won't show up anytime soon, just like FS Indiana. I carry basic cable with my internet service so I receive it (FS IN) that way.

Unless something has changed recently, FS Indiana does not have its "own unique" programming. At least here in Indy, it is basically FS Midwest with local teams (Pacers, Fever, local IN schools, some Reds, etc.) inserted in the schedule. DISH does air most of those games, (however not all) on an alt sports channel!!!...:(

Yes, I an another Badger...................

Hello forum! I am a new subscriber to Dish Network with America's Top250, no locals, 2 year contract. I also have a Tivo Series 2 DVR and decided to forego Dish's DVR and go with the HD Duo Receiver. Sure glad I went that route! :)

My big question is WHEN oh WHEN is Dish going to add FSN-Wisconsin. It has its own programming schedule and shows many Badger broadcasts and local sports broadcasts that DISH does not bother to pick up on the alternative channels.

That has been asking that same question for 5 years, 1st with Directv and now with Dish. I suspect when one brings it on line the other will as well, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I get FSN Wisconsin. It's not on all the time, but when it is, it's around 444.

Actually, I have a lifetime subscription to my Tivo. That is the main reason. It isn't a huge deal to me that I am recording in SD and not HD.

That has been asking that same question for 5 years, 1st with Directv and now with Dish. I suspect when one brings it on line the other will as well, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

until April 07 it was just part of FSN North with cutouts for Wisconsin based ballgames. ;)

But yes they should add it full time. Unlike other RSN's that is just an existing RSN with different graphics, FSN WI is a legit RSN now ;)

As is the new station CSS, Comcast Sports Houston but I'm not holding my breath on that one anytime soon either.

CSN Philly has been told to sell their service to satellite, but they are fighting it.

CSS has gotten little interest from Dish or DirecTV as they have no major pro sports.

piggy-backing on this thread.....a rookie question as follows:

I'm a Virginia resident, originally from Pittsburgh. I'd LOVE to be able to add/subscribe to FSN-Pittsburgh but there seems to be no way to accomplish that. I get MASN as my RSN. Is there a tech reason for not being able to pay DISH for FSN-Pittsburgh access, or is just a 'licensure' reality? Seems the satellite companies are missing out on another nice revenue stream, but maybe I'm just not grasping the situation. Put another way, I'd pay for just Pirates games, but can't justify the expense of MLB Extra Innings. Any enlightenment is appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts