Dish Everywhere IOS Update

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
Ever since the last update which I like the new look I’ve had one problem. When I use the built in remote feature I can no longer control a Joey only the Hopper. Under Live TV and DVR it only shows the Hopper. Is there a setting I’m missing?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Ever since the last update which I like the new look I’ve had one problem. When I use the built in remote feature I can no longer control a Joey only the Hopper. Under Live TV and DVR it only shows the Hopper. Is there a setting I’m missing?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

We've seen a few reports about this with the new update, so we're gathering information to give to the engineers. We need account information to submit that so we can't do it over the forum here, but if you talk to our team here they can get that information submitted!

Reactions: joewhite57
I didn’t think I could ever control a Joey with the dish anywhere app. When I had 2 hopper I could switch between which one I wanted to control.
I would love that functionality, please tell me how to do it, and fix the bug if is now broken!

What good is it to access a Joey with DA?

Joey has no tuner, no apps and no hard drive, it is a client of the Hopper - that's where ALL the action is.

Anything ostensibly accessed on a Joey comes from your Hopper.

Reactions: TheKrell
What good is it to access a Joey with DA?

Joey has no tuner, no apps and no hard drive, it is a client of the Hopper - that's where ALL the action is.

Anything ostensibly accessed on a Joey comes from your Hopper.
Isn't there a limit of only one Dish Anywhere stream at a time from the Hopper? Maybe using Dish Anywhere to access a Joey allows the Hopper to bypass that limit, and send a second stream at the same time.

I think DA only access the Hopper and I have always been told 1 stream per Hopper. We had 2 HWS previously had two streams. Now with 1 H3 I think we have only one, but haven't actually tested it since I just got my H3 recently.

DishAnywhere does not look at your Joey at all, it only communicates with the Hopper. You can't access a Joey at all with DishAnywhere.

DishAnywhere does not look at your Joey at all, it only communicates with the Hopper. You can't access a Joey at all with DishAnywhere.
I would have agreed, except that the Thread Starter said that it had been working prior to the last software update, and Dish Support also chimed in, confirming that it is a known technical issue. I did think of one possible reason why someone might want to use Dish Anywhere to control a Joey. Since you can set timers through Dish Anywhere, that would be one way to set an AutoTune timer for a Joey, when you are not at home to set the timer directly on the Joey.

We've seen a few reports about this with the new update, so we're gathering information to give to the engineers. We need account information to submit that so we can't do it over the forum here, but if you talk to our team here they can get that information submitted!

I tried that and they said I had to call into the internet team and gave me a toll free number to call.

What is the purpose of controling a Joey with DA, to irritate someone at home from far far away?

The problem is that you can't control a Joey because a Joey is just a client in the system of the Hopper, which is all that needs to be controlled. It's the Hopper functions that you're controlling, the Joey is nothing more than a "monitor" at the location it's positioned at to show what the Hopper is doing at that particular location

What is the purpose of controling a Joey with DA, to irritate someone at home from far far away?
There are two possible reasons already mentioned in this thread. One reason would be to use your phone as a remote control, so you do not have to set down your phone to pick up a remote, and then put the remote down to pick up your phone again. Another reason, as I mentioned earlier, would be to set an AutoTune timer for a Joey, so you can set the timer while you are thinking of it, instead of having to wait until you are home and possibly forgetting to set the timer.

With 2 small kids and wife, the remote isn’t always where it is convenient. My phone is, and up until this latest version of DA, the remote includes the IR blaster to my TV so I can turn it on, change the volume and even change source as needed.
Also, we have our HWS in the bedroom, but the Joey in the family room.

And yes I know how to use the locate remote feature. But using my phone is often just more convenient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts