Dish finally went coocoo?

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
Well I was wondering after all of my credits,how much I would be paying a month for my service
I asked the agent in the chat support how much I would pay a month after all of my promo credits ended
he answered 14.99(for a moment I was in shock but I thought It could have been a mistake)
then I asked him an even more specific question to see if he was really having a mistake

here is exactly what I asked him
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] :and can you tell me what I am entitled to receive for the 14.99 after all of my promotional credits?
: what programing
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You will receive Classic Bronze 100, HD Pak and HBO and Showtime
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]all for 14.99 a month after all my monthly credits end?
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:ye s.(had to edit this with a space since the forum here would generate a smiley face)
: Do you have any more questions for me?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]wow then make this a note on my account
: Sure.
: because I was told I need to pay 49.99 a month for all of this by another agent
: Have I answered everything to your satisfaction?
: but 14.99 seems even better now that you said it
: Yes.
: What else can I assist you with?
: Nothing else I am happy you confirmed my monthly bill will be 14.99 every month after my credits
[/FONT]

I have the transcript of this session in my email inbox, do you guys think I stand a chance against dish claiming to receive the services as this agent said?14.99 for everything he said above is an amazing offer.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] :and can you tell me what I am entitled to receive for the 14.99 after all of my promotional credits?[/FONT]

I would have interpreted your question as "What will be my monthly cost when the promotions have been factored into the regular cost?", not, "What will my cost be after my promotions have run out?". Getting all that for $14.99/mo sounds great, even at a promotional amount, but there's no way that's a permanent rate. In any case, E* doesn't guarantee the prices of their packages and can change them any time.

yeah, I insisted on asking because I have made a million changes to my account recently after signing up
and I tried to ask as precise as I could
also I chatted again with another agent and he did state the prices as they should be and I also found out that I was given a special promo of free lifetime puerto rico HD(9.99 monthly value)
I am very happy with this so far

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] :so why is my HD free?I see on the website it costs 9.99 a month
.: I understand that.
.: It is a promotional offer only for special customers just like you.
: if its free and you note that into my account I cant complain
: so it is free forever?
.: Sure thing.
.: I will leave a note on the account about this.
.: Please do not worry.
[/FONT]

and I love it!
I hate it when I get a pissed csr, but 90% of the time they have been very positive when it comes to attitude and help.

just goes to show.... my buddy has the exact same package I have and pays about $20 less per month. of course he called and complained about something or other.

i have thought about complaining to them, but it's like the electric bill. everyone seems to pay a different rate.

enjoy it while you have it, but don't be surprised when it goes up to the normal rate.

just goes to show.... my buddy has the exact same package I have and pays about $20 less per month. of course he called and complained about something or other.

i have thought about complaining to them, but it's like the electric bill. everyone seems to pay a different rate.

enjoy it while you have it, but don't be surprised when it goes up to the normal rate.
well atleast I have a transcript stating it as a promise,when it does go up I will just pop the transcript and ask for 9.99 credits on my monthly bill
heck I already asked like 4 times and they still told me it is free for ever:cool:and every CSR said "It is an offer for special costumers just like you"
lol....

I am refering to the HD package, I obviously know my monthly bill wont be 14.99 a month lol

Last edited:
well atleast I have a transcript stating it as a promise,when it does go up I will just pop the transcript and ask for 9.99 credits on my monthly bill
heck I already asked like 4 times and they still told me it is free for ever:cool:and every CSR said "It is an offer for special costumers just like you"
lol....

I am refering to the HD package, I obviously know my monthly bill wont be 14.99 a month lol

I have had this happen with a customer before. There are special "VIP" customers that get highly discounted or free service.

My third customer ever they accidentally canceled my OE number after I entered there order (something wasn't entered right when they built my account) and it had to be processed by upper level support to be activated (took them 24 hours after I left the house.)... Customer wasn't too happy until they got a letter for being a "VIP" customer... Because of the problem they were supposed to get some bill credits for 6 months, but apparently they were made a, as retailer support put it, a "Charley account" and have free service for life. I am presuming this was accidental and instead of the credits they hit the wrong promo... I talked to this customer a month or so ago because they needed a TV2 moved to a different room... they wanted to add a 5th room originally but are scared to death to do it because they don't know if it will cause them to lose the vip status.

This stuff does happen, but I would not be so sure as to take a CSR's word for it... if you have a retailer buddy have them confirm it with retailer services or just ride it out and hope!

well I confirmed with the second csr that I will be paying rughly 34.99-39.99 a month for classic bronze 100,PR HD,locals,HBO and showtime 3month promo and cinemax for 1 year
currently I just have 1 receiver, a 222k dual tuner HD(non dvr) connected to the internet

Last edited:
All it takes is well so and so told me it would be this much then loyalty will give it to you even under a damn commitment its so annoying. The good customers that pay on time always get shafted because they don't threaten and complain enough while the crap customers past due every month and want extentions every month get what every they want it seems and is very frusterating to me.

All it takes is well so and so told me it would be this much then loyalty will give it to you even under a damn commitment its so annoying. The good customers that pay on time always get shafted because they don't threaten and complain enough while the crap customers past due every month and want extentions every month get what every they want it seems and is very frusterating to me.

reminds me of the current home mortgage situation :mad:

I never complained to dish or anything,mostly all I have called for is to do changes in programing and to swap their leased receiver with an owned receiver I bought.
well I called a few times to check the status of the PR HD but I wouldnt call that a complaint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)