Dish Flat Panel TV's

lsh1885

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Whatever happened to the 2 flat panel LCD TV's that Dish Network was supposed to be selling. I have not seen anything about them on their web site.

korsjs said:
well yota86, i would welcome you to the site, but i see you joined in may of 04. don't be a stranger around here.

Hey maybe he didn't have anything to say. :D I've been here since the same time and I only have 170+ posts, I must not have as much time as you to post 1,000+ posts. (though you signed up four months before)

DISH seems to be importing them from a Chinese company believed to be Mitsui Electric or something close to that. It dosen't look like they have a U.S. service organization like DISH had with the Thomson sets they sold. You are going to have to TRUST DISH for service repairs on your HDTV set? I would rather buy from a CE store like CC or BB they have service depts. in place and can replace or repair the defective products.

Dish stands to lose a lot of money if they cannot move these fast if they purchased these in bulk seeing how the prices are dropping.

lcd tv's

you should see the lcd tv's around april/may, and they are very nice. they will retail at $2000 and $4000 for the 30 inch and 40 inch. if determining that there is a problem with the tv itself, and not a receiver/service etc, technical support for the television only will be provided by another company.

aphiohokie said:
you should see the lcd tv's around april/may, and they are very nice. they will retail at $2000 and $4000 for the 30 inch and 40 inch. if determining that there is a problem with the tv itself, and not a receiver/service etc, technical support for the television only will be provided by another company.

The E* website says $1599 for the 30".

Does anyone know if the "media box" that comes with it has an NTSC tuner or tuners in it? It has two coax inputs, and it supposedly supports PIP and POP, so logic would say it has at least one tuner, maybe two. I guess it also does NOT come with its own remote - you have to use a Dish remote.

Brad

I would rather buy from a CE store like CC or BB they have service depts.

I wouldn't exactly call what Best Buy has a "service" department unless you consider getting screwed a service. Hell, Best Buy is so bad here in the state of Ohio the State Attorney General has taken them to court over their "services" they offer.

The Real Best Buy experience.
:shocked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)