Dish HD channels pixelate unless its grounded.

giddy169

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Well it all started with me not getting CNN or Cinemax in HD so I moved my dish because I thought a tree might be the issue. Once it was moved I tried to tune it in better but everything seemed worse all my local HD's and other HD channels were blocky and pixelated during this time my signal meter on the dish receivers would fluctuate a lot and sometimes go all the way to 0 and stay there. I then reconnected the ground which is only connected to one line out of two connected at the time and my channels came in again but still no Cinemax or CNN HD. I have a dish 1000.2 with a 211 and 622 hooked to it while tuning and the plastic lnb caps look like they have condensation and moisture in them. Is there a way to tell if the lnb is going bad and if so why would most of my channels come in but not only a few transponders? I compared the signal strength of the transponders that were coming in with my neighbors signal strength and they were very comparable except he gets CNN and Cinemax. Any help would be appreciated I spent many hours tuning it in today to be exactly where I started except now I have more holes in my siding.

I am getting a few channels on Sat 129 so I would think my LNB is probably ok. It must just need fine tuning and maybe a skew adjustment. I will give it another try with my signal finder, my friend who is 15 miles away has a different skew by 4 degrees or so so hopefully that will fix it.

Last edited:
Came in today and none of my channels are working on either receiver and neither are showing me any signal strength but my sat finder shows a signal. Anyone?

Okay determined the lnb is bad, I have only had it since October and it is already bad, plus I have "moved" since then. Is my best option just to buy another one off ebay or to call dish and see if they will send me a new one? I figured my move would cause a problem with that though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts