Dish HD only

htbum

Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Hi, everyone,

I signed up around Aug-Sept of 2005 with the Top 60, locals, HD package ($10/month) and Voom ($5/month).

I heard that one can subscribe to HD only, for a $5 "no-package" fee. Is that correct?

When my agreement is up, will I be able to subscribe to ONLY the HD package I signed up for initially, for a bill of $10 (HD package) + $5 (Voom package) + $5 ("no-package" fee) plus taxes?

Or will I have to subscribe to this new Dish HD package with ESPN2HD, Universal, Voom Worldsport HD, etc.? What will my price be if I'll have to subscribe to this new Dish HD package? I don't want premiums.

Thank you,
George

99.9% positive this poster leases his equipment, and he wants to drop AT60 after his commitment that he signed is up, and sorry but he wont be able to do that.

yes, I am leasing the equipment. If I cancel service, I have to send back the 811. not sure about the 2 dishes on my roof.

not the dishes only receivers, remotes, lnb and switches.

So as I said earlier, because you're leasing you wont be able to drop AT60 and still lease from dish.

The only things you can drop that you have now are your locals and the voom package.

the cheapest HD-only package is $29.99? Is that correct? jeez!. when I signed up, it was $15 plus tax.

if i buy a receiver and lnbfs and install them will they let me sign up just for the HD package.

Thanks for the info,
George

Plus $6 Service Access fee for not having other qualified programming

But why spend that money on equipment to pay a jacked up HD price, when you could put that money towards actually programming.

If you don't want the new channels just keep paying what you have now. Or buy an old HD receiver, like the 811 you have, and then drop AT60 and you'll be able to pay $9.99 old HD pack, $5 voom and $6 service fee

BFG said:
If you don't want the new channels just keep paying what you have now. Or buy an old HD receiver, like the 811 you have, and then drop AT60 and you'll be able to pay $9.99 old HD pack, $5 voom and $6 service fee

Good, so I can still do the old HD package.

When my agreement expires in a few months: if I buy a used 811 and send the one I have now back to DN, will they make me send back or pay for the retail of the LNBFs and the switch, even thought I will continue to subscribe to the HD package?

Thanks,
Goerge

Tip: I would buy and activate your purchased 811 first, so they don't screw anything up and try to remove the HD pack and voom you're currently subscribed to.

Also I wouldn't bring up the switch and LNBF and if they don't mention it, don't send it.

Does anyone know if you can drop the $5 voom 10 and add it back later without issues? I will be keeping the old HD package with my 921 until dish offers a better 622 deal in the future.

GRG said:
Does anyone know if you can drop the $5 voom 10 and add it back later without issues? I will be keeping the old HD package with my 921 until dish offers a better 622 deal in the future.
Everything after feb 1st changed when it comes to getting the HD pack alone and the pricing for a customer that wants to order just the HD pack. I for one am happy I jumped in around December so I could get the HD pack for 20 bucks a mth. I remember they gave me a hard time singing up for just the HD pack....they kept on asking me what Dish I had and telling me that I might need a new dish. I told them.....I have everything already....just turn it on!!! There shouldn't be so much trouble when you are trying to give your money away!!!

I am SO lost.

Good God. What happened?:confused:

I just got back from a six-week road trip, and all this news is making my feeble little head spin!:eek:

I've tried wading thru a few threads, and pretty much got more lost than I was when I started. I tried talking to a CSR at Dish, and by the time I hung up I wanted to kill myself.:mad:

Could someone please dumb this down for me? What is the cheapest (ok, if "cheap" doesn't apply I'll settle for "least expensive") way to get all this new HD programming? I currently own an 811 and subscribe to just the HD Pak & Voom Original programming for a total monthly bill of $19.99. I'm pretty happy with this, but I'd love to get those other voOm channels if it can be done without breaking the bank. Can it? Please speak slowly. And just so we're clear, I only want HD channels (the phonetard I spoke with said this is impossible). Thanks.:D

IMO the cheapest would be to add a leased 211 upgrade to your account for a fee of $49

Then because you'd be leasing that you're bill would become $49.99 a month for the DishHD bronze and the $6 for the receiver lease (for a total of $55.99) plus taxes. you'd be taking on the 60 SD channels and the 22 HD channels, which is 7 more then you get now ESPN2,Universal HD, 5 voom. I know you just want HD channels but i presented this to you because the upfront is cheaper and instead of paying all that on hardware, you're only paying $20 more a month and getting actual programming

The other option is to purchase a 211 for $379 and buy the HD standalone pack for $29.99 plus a $6 programming access fee for a total of 35.99 a month, but much bigger upfront cost.

You can try to sell your 811 to recoup some of that

See if you can sell you

BFG,

Is there a dish latino HD package? I carry both HD pack only and dish latino separately. The the dishlatino is the simplest one that I have. I have no other programming. How much will it be for HDLatino? (since you are in the answering mood? :) )

yes, the cheapest dish latino HD is $49.99 (which is DishLATINO Plus + HD)

then each other HD pack w/ latino is $20 more than the latino price.

But there's no HD with just plain ole Dish Latino

thanks.... I think this will be the package for me as I am paying almost the same right now. $20 dishlatino dos + $20 HD Pack oNLY.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)