Dish HDTV Packages

JohnR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Topeka, Kansas
My apologies if this has been discussed previously and my searching skills are lacking. I am just now returning to the satellite tv world after about an 18 month absence.

I note that the HD Packages Bronze, Silver and Gold offer "23 HD Channels" and the Platinum package offers "25 HD Channels" Look as I might on the Dish Website, I can't figure which two channels are not offered on the lower tier.

The silver tier appeals to me the most, but I also want HBO in HD. I don't really care if I wouldn't get some of the more "generic" HD channels.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

John in Kansas

The two extra are HBOHD and Showtime HD. The platinum package also includes all the movie channels and their HD feeds, if any. You can order HBO separately I believe which also includes the HD feed.

Doug

Last edited:
The platinum includes HBOHD and Showtime HD. The lower tiers do not. With platinum you get all of the premium channels.

Thanks for the swift reply guys.

I am very disappointed that HBO is going to cost me an additional $40 or so, since most of the extra SD channels in the Platinum package don't appeal to me is the least.

I assume I can add the HBO SD package for $11 to the Silver package. Is that correct?

John in Kansas

JohnR said:
Thanks for the swift reply guys.

I am very disappointed that HBO is going to cost me an additional $40 or so, since most of the extra SD channels in the Platinum package don't appeal to me is the least.

I assume I can add the HBO SD package for $11 to the Silver package. Is that correct?

John in Kansas

Yes - but the HD feed also comes with that. If all you want in premiums is HBO, just add it to your Silver package and you'll get the HD feed.

Doug