DISH Hopper coming at CES ?

Exactly. Scott's response about extending end times for sporting events is correct, but doesn't address the original question. If the start of the primetime block is delayed on a network (for any reason), how does the Primetime Anywhere deal with that situation?

What part of WITHIN THE BLOCK do you not understand??? You are trying so hard to be dumb about this.

So am I understanding this correctly...you can watch whatever you want on the hopper but the tv(s) that have the joeys you can only watch whats on the dvr...

For example with my 622 as long as something is not recording I can watch espn in the living room and the kid can watch nick jr in the other room...

Thanks in advance

If I understand correctly, you can watch live from any of the three Hopper tuners that are NOT busy recording at that time.

I am on the tail end of my absolute credits & want to upgrade my programming to something better & possibly equipment. I have been in direct contact with D.I.R.T & they cannot offer much. As exciting as the new hopper is I have signed myself up with D* & will install Tue when the equipment arrives. If I must go with a 2 yr commitment it will be the best bang for the buck, at least for a year then (hop) back so to speak for the new customer promos afterwards. If there is a glimmer of hope for existing subs, I'd sure love to hear about it before Tuesday.

I am on the tail end of my absolute credits & want to upgrade my programming to something better & possibly equipment. I have been in direct contact with D.I.R.T & they cannot offer much. As exciting as the new hopper is I have signed myself up with D* & will install Tue when the equipment arrives. If I must go with a 2 yr commitment it will be the best bang for the buck, at least for a year then (hop) back so to speak for the new customer promos afterwards. If there is a glimmer of hope for existing subs, I'd sure love to hear about it before Tuesday.

Errr, go to the Pub, you'll find something you'll like.

What part of WITHIN THE BLOCK do you not understand??? You are trying so hard to be dumb about this.
:rolleyes:

The original question (before Scott's answer) was referring to sporting events OUTSIDE THE BLOCK. Here, let me lay out an example for the ones really playing dumb:

CBS has a Sunday NFL game scheduled for 4:00-7:00. The game runs over to 7:20. 60 Minutes starts at 7:22 and runs until 8:22. All primetime shows on CBS that night will be 22 minutes behind, thus if the Primetime Anytime recording is not extended, the 10:00-11:00 show will have the last 22 minutes cut off.

f I understand correctly, you can watch live from any of the three Hopper tuners that are NOT busy recording at that time.
If you ever listened to a TV on a DVR receiver and a TV on a non-DVR receiver on the same program at the same time, you will understand that the DVR tuner receives, decodes and puts the stream on the disk and the TV plays from the disk.

Ergo the three tuners will be receiving, decoding and placing on the dish up to three different data streams at the same time.

The three Hopper tuners will be receiving, decoding, and putting up to three streams on the disk.

The TV connected to the Hopper and the Joeys can connect to anyone of those receiving streams from the disk. Any one or all can connect to any stream. I.e. Joeys are not tied to tuners, they are tied to data streams.

MikeD-C05 said:
I would think that you would have to set a second timer for Sundays when there is run overs because of sports . I do that now on CBS every Sunday. Other wise you Primetime live is going to be Wrong on all the shows on Sundays on CBS.

Nothing more irritating than sitting down to watch The Good Wife and finding yourself watching some other program. It happens on almost every weeks recording and adding a few minutes does not help (think an extra hr) and screws up my other timers

But as Scott said earlier, (and I was incorrect about the within) sporting events will push back "prime time" and the timer will compensate, if I understood him correctly.

This is correct.

That is cool then if it actually will work that way. But I wonder if the titles of the shows will match the actually shows recorded. You know on CBS they start CSI Miami and Good Wife at different times and even put that out in promos during the evening to tell you when it actually will air that day. The guide doesn't even go with the show you are watching on those nights. That is why I use a 3 hour manual timer for CBS on Sundays and it catches all the shows in one big show.

Nothing more irritating than sitting down to watch The Good Wife and finding yourself watching some other program. It happens on almost every weeks recording and adding a few minutes does not help (think an extra hr) and screws up my other timers

I get around this by setting a manual timer on Sundays that runs for 3 hours. I get all of my shows and I just fast forward till the Good Wife starts and I'm good. Incidently I watch all the Monday night comedies on CBS too and I set one manual timer for two hours weekly for Monday. This way I don't miss the endings of each show. They always go over by 30 seconds or a minute and I miss the last joke if I do regular show timers. Do the same for Wednesdays on ABC for the comedies , because of the same problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)