DISH Hopper coming at CES ?

What makes you think this feature isn't going to tie up four of the three tuners during prime time each weeknight?

Huh? Four of the three tuners? Primetime reportedly records to a separate partition not available to the user. It takes one tuner leaving two free plus any OTA. The feature can be turned off according to what Scott has heard.

What makes you think this feature isn't going to tie up four of the three tuners during prime time each weeknight?

? four of the three tuners ? Does that even make sense? Earlier in the thread, it is clear that this will use only one of the three tuners.

I was excited about the 813 just as it was. The Prime Time Anytime is icing on the cake, providing it works with DNS. It should, DNS is just a special licensed LIL.

? four of the three tuners ? Does that even make sense? Earlier in the thread, it is clear that this will use only one of the three tuners.
How do you suppose that one tuner is going to record four programs at once? I don't see any mention of adding a "channel" to everyone's LIL offering that just carries reruns of the week's primetime schedule.

The local affiliates will surely demand that DISH play their commercial laden version of the program.

How do you suppose that one tuner is going to record four programs at once? I don't see any mention of adding a "channel" to everyone's LIL offering that just carries reruns of the week's primetime schedule.

The local affiliates will surely demand that DISH play their commercial laden version of the program.

If you are not even going to read the thread, I'm not going to even try to discuss with you. All of this is covered earlier in the thread.

Mr grumpy please read through the thread it explains how it can record up to 6 things at one time just using 3 tuners.

If you are going to be grumpy and just make stuff up then I would suggest that you hang out at DBSTalk with other grumpy folks who like to make stuff up.

Can the Joey pause live TV? I saw trickplay featured on both Hopper and Joey, but I assume that's on recorded content. What about live content?

Primetime reportedly records to a separate partition not available to the user.
I can't get excited about something that takes up a non-negligible percentage of the 2TB of hard drive space for which I might get a few hits a month (programs I'd wished I had recorded but didn't). This is one of the reasons I lost interest in the ViP922 with its overly large cache of PPV offerings.

Ok, so let's see if I've got this all so I can explain to my wife in terms she'll understand why we're going to be changing our current "His 722/her 622" setup :)

The Hopper will have 3 tuners. Each can record a separate show. You can get a second Hopper if you need, and they can "see" each other, effectively giving you a 6 tuner setup if you need (plus OTA, which is a concept she grasps just fine)

Joey's go on TVs and can view anything recorded on the Hopper, OR watch Live TV if a tuner is available. (She'll love that since it means we can watch any show "from either DVR" in the sunroom on nice days, since the concept of "his & her" DVRs goes away).

In addition, if you have the "Prime Time Anytime" feature enabled, ALL the prime time programming from the big networks is recorded for a week (presumably this means that, for instance, last Monday's shows get overwritten when this Monday's shows are recorded); if you want to save a network primetime show it's copied to the regular storage partition before being overwritten (and as others have said, hopefully this becomes something that happens automatically -- it would be nice if I had timers set up for 2 primetime shows, and PrimeTime Anytime enabled, that it just automatically copied those two shows off the Anytime partition after they're captured)

harshness said:
I can't get excited about something that takes up a non-negligible percentage of the 2TB of hard drive space for which I might get a few hits a month (programs I'd wished I had recorded but didn't). This is one of the reasons I lost interest in the ViP922 with its overly large cache of PPV offerings.

Then again don't get one.

All dish dvrs have a portion of the hard drive that has a large chunk of space reserved for Dish's own use.

I use a 722k and a 211 with ext hd to record all the nework shows that I want without any problems so far. Thats 6 tuners and 5 networks. If a upper cable prpgram falls in primetime, it is always repeated later usually.I have three tv al fed from my av receiver, sp I can watch the same program from any tv, which meets my needs.

Looking forward to hearing more about this Scott!If 3/4 of the info is correct it will be pretty sweet.

Glad to see this topic is visible again. I was starting to think this site had become a sell out trying to hide leaked dish news.

Glad to see this topic is visible again. I was starting to think this site had become a sell out trying to hide leaked dish news.
As explained in the thread, it was "hidden" because of inaccurate information being "leaked".

I bet this Release goes just like the 922.

First; It will deliver about 6 months to a year late with half the features shown at CES and it will be very buggy.
Second; if you are a long time loyal dish customer you will have to pay $400 to get it, $200 if you wait another year.
Third; Like the "Sling Extender" the clients will not be released at the same time and will be coming soon for the next 24 months then canceled all together.
And last; They will never get BBMP to work on them and just give up and quit installing these receivers entirely.

In case you haven't guessed I am more than a little bitter over having paid for a 922.