dish in Alaska

chevy67

Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
does any body know what kinda of stuff u have to have to put a dish up and get the top 180 in alaska. i have heard two dishes but i dont know i need help

A while back, I read where someone was talking about the requirements for dishes, up there.
You might search this forum for more info.

Basically, the dishes just need to be bigger than normal.
And I think you needed one for each satelllite: 110 and 119

you will need two dishes

119 I have heard people getting by with a 36" dish but 110 you need a 48" or larger for sure.

I've heard of people with 48" for 119 and 6 footers for 110 (especially if they want HD)

I was up in Anchorage a couple years ago. There were tons of dishes. It appeared that most were 1.2 meter ChannelMaster dishes. As best as I could tell, most had single LNBs on them. Some places had several dishes, but most had only one. It looked really odd because they were offset focus dishes, but they looked as if they were pointed towards the ground. Pretty shallow elevation angles.

Anyhow, it seemed like a lot of people were getting satellite TV there, so you shouldn't have much of a problem. I'd definitely want to confer with some local installers on the finer details.

Most people have just a dish at 119 and the few channels they lose on 110 they deal with. Anchorage locals are on 119 but Fairbanks & Juneau are on 110

I think your question has been answered, but since I live in AK, I'll tell you what I have. Two 1.2 m dishes, one at 119, one at 110 running through a DP34 switch. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)