Dish Interactive (Open TV) Not Coming to 921

I actually use the Sports scores section.

It also means that 921's cannot see the 6 panel channels Dish provides (Olympics & Election coverage).

I hope you are right Scott.

I hope that Scott's right about this one as well, but honestly, I doubt we'll see it anytime soon, if at all. I don't have any hard and fast inside knowledge one way or the other, but I do see some trends that you guys don't see, and that's what my opinion is based on.

Mark I don't doubt you eaither. Seems like sometimes no one knows what going on at Dish. :)

I have been told before that the OpenTV Wrapper on the 721 was actually written for the 921. If that is the case then it should be almost done.

Of course on the 721 most of the Apps you try running say coming soon, so that may be part of the issue there.

And?

Why should we expect something more when they haven't been able to fix the basic OTA functionality of the SW in the past year? I would have been happy with absolutely NO more features, but just fixing the ones that currently exist but don't work.

Had that happened, I would not be getting rid of my 921.

mwgiii said:
According to Mark, 921 will probably not get Open TV (Dish@home, Dish Interactive).

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=348485#post348485