Dish is in... Need channels-guide help

randym431

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 29, 2004
Trying to setup the channels I want and dont want on the guide. First, is there a list (hard copy or pdf download) of all dish channels by channel number order?

Also, I have duplicate channels showing in the guide, like AMC, then another AMC in RED that says I have to subscribe. This second redded AMC is in the 800's. I dont have any 800's on the channel refference guide? What are these 800's?

How do you setup up your fav channels? Like using "list 1", I setup up some channels. then in the on screen guide, is there a way to jump from ALL to LIST1 via a remote button? All I can see is selecting it in the setup menu.

Also, is there a setup area to chose screen size, like letterbox, standard and so on? There is a FORMAT button but that only brings up DISH ON DEMAND menu...?

Last edited:
www.dishchannelchart.com

This is quite inclusive but should give what you want.

The 800's "RED" channels are part of a Latino pack and are the same exact thing you will be getting with the "normal" channels.

Favorites Lists are Menu 8, 3, then choose what list to maintain and start adding channels to it. You can name the list something more useful than "List 1" such as "Family" "Kids" "Sports" etc. Every time you press "Guide" it starts on the list you used last and if you press it again while the Guide is already displayed it shows the next list. Each list is color coded so you can tell at a glance what you're looking at.

Your last question requires that we know what your receiver model number is. Should be printed on the front panel of the receiver, probably on the smartcard door.

THanks MUCH. I see now the guide button press, goes thru the diff guides/list. Missed that before.

The pvr is #625.

ALSO... Is there a list somewhere that has what channel label is? Like some list, guide pdf or online that says what "CoLoursTV" is, or "CCTV-9" is. Like TCM would be "movies" or "classic movies". Is there a "what type" kinda list to describe what these channels (labels) are???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)