Dish Latino MAX

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jonhern

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Rhode Island
Thinking of switching to MAX from AT250 for the savings since we currently subscribe to the Latino bonus pack and MAX will be $25 less a month with only the loss of a few channels we watch that we can live without. This might be a silly question but looking at the list of channels some of the English channels have SAP next to them. Is the English feed still the default broadcast or is the Spanish feed since it is in the Spanish pack. We have the Spanish pack for my parents and grandmother, i don't watch things in Spanish so just wanted to make sure the English channels were the same broadcast as in the other packages. Also i see Big Ten network listed, is this included or is it like in 250 where you only get it in certain areas unless you add the sports pack.

Thanks.

All English channels are in English. All the Spanish channels are in Spanish. Those are the default broadcast, nothing to change in the receiver either. You can actually block the Spanish channels if you want, they're in the 800 range. I don't think the Big Ten network is included with Dish Latino Max.

RSNs come with Dish Latino Max, so if you live within the Big Ten region you will get it (I am in Ohio, and I do). Like RandallA said, stations broadcast in their default language. Dish often cuts out SAP for channels that actually have it (FSE is a good example), so I'm guessing they are noting SAP because they will leave them intact for those stations. You can set your language preferences (if other than default) under the alternative audio menu in preferences on the ViP722.

great thanks, yeah i am in RI so don't get it, i like the channel but can't see paying $6 just to get it since i really don't want anything else in the sports pack.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

One thing I dislike about the Dish Latino Max package is that the HD channels are not mapped down alongside their SD equivalents like they are in the English packages. So that means all your HD channels fall between 5300-5405, but the SD channels are scattered between 100-440 and then between 800-899. It's kind of annoying. If you're watching MTV HD on 5321, then want to check out what's on MTV2, you gotta drop down to 161. :rolleyes:

One thing I dislike about the Dish Latino Max package is that the HD channels are not mapped down alongside their SD equivalents like they are in the English packages. So that means all your HD channels fall between 5300-5405, but the SD channels are scattered between 100-440 and then between 800-899. It's kind of annoying. If you're watching MTV HD on 5321, then want to check out what's on MTV2, you gotta drop down to 161. :rolleyes:

thats how it was with fios so we are used to it.

This might just be a mistake in my package, but I know a couple of people confirmed that BioHD was not in Dish Latino Max, however I am getting it on channel 119, both sd and HD. Just wanted to give a heads up in case it was added and people did not notice since its in the 100 range not 5300.

My bad, its a free preview.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts