Dish launches eurochannel?

?Sa?dma???

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
Received a flier in the mail today announcing a new european channel....Eurochannel on Dish. It appears to be European movies, concerts etc.

No mention if it is in HD or not but apparently it is a la carte as the fee for it is $9.99 per month.

Eurochannel in SD only, as is the case for all the foreign channels on Dish. It is a very good channel. It is 100% sub-titled and about 60% of the content is French. Movies, TV series, educational--like the series on French Castles--short films, and some music videos to kill time before the next show starts. It is all of pretty high quality content, not junk.

I once complained to TV5 about how they don't strictly adhere to the air-times of their programs and how several minutes at the beginning or end will be clipped when DVR'd. They said French shows don't always end at the precise time, blah, blah, blah. The premiums have the same problem, but they fill the time until the precise start time. Yet, Eurochannel , based in France, is very good about adhering to fairly precise start times.

I really can't remember. I believe that there is no gratuitous nudity. I would say that if there is, it is no more objectionable than what might be seen in any other mainstream film from the US or Europe. The programming is of high caliber and any brief nudity would be there for the sake of the story. In other words, no more nudity than the very good and highly acclaimed film Europa, Europa. Please Google that title if you don't know of the movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)