DISH Locals in Washington, DC

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
yahoo has revamped theit TV listings. It now shows several new stations available on DISH mostly from Central Pa. Is this just a glitch in the Yahoo database or has DISH actually added some or all of these to the DC package?

Those are channels from the Harrisburg market, which aren't part of the DC market - looks like a yahoo glitch.

That Franklin County, PA thing is popping into my head.

That county can receive both Harrisburg and DC locals, from Dish Network.

I thought iof that too Greg but Yahoo asks for Zip code. My guess is that they screwed up. But maybe I will be pleasantly surprisaed tonight----hey I can have a Christmas wish can't I?

I think what happened is that franklin county was switched from DC to Harrisburg. So these folks are grandfathered into having DC channels if they want them.

I have the DC package and I do not get these Harrisburg channels.

I think what happened is that franklin county was switched from DC to Harrisburg. So these folks are grandfathered into having DC channels if they want them.

I have the DC package and I do not get these Harrisburg channels.

Where is the provision in the law for such grandfathering? I'm not saying there isn't one, just that I can't find it.

Where is the provision in the law for such grandfathering? I'm not saying there isn't one, just that I can't find it.

Significantly viewed are legal, though I thought I read somewhere Dish did not offer them yet - perhaps that was HD?