Dish Model 5000 w/ 3000

Sonnie Parker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 1, 2003
May as well let it go too. I thought I would keep it and I may if I can't sell it but I may as well try.

Model 5000 with card, original box, manual, and remote. No cables.

No charges on card.

$50 + shipping (U.S. only)

I'll throw in a Model 3000 with card, original box, and remote (the rubber TV/Video button on this remote is broken/torn off - looks like a pencil eraser that's been bitten off...could have been my daughter :rolleyes: ). No manual or cables with this unit.

You'll have to pay the shipping for both units if you want the 3000. I didn't take a pic of the 3000 but it looks good. It's not dented or scratched and has been inside a cabinet since new.

Paypal, Money Order, or Personal Check with time to clear.

Geesh.... seems like a lot of aggravation for 50 bucks.... guess it might be a good dinner out one night.

5000.jpg

Damn Sonnie
You sold 'em :)
I got a 5000 & 3000 (hell, even a 4000) laying around at home....I might have to sell them (reckon they power up and actually work)

Yes indeed... I've gotten several e-mails from people wanting them. I know there are more folks that want them so I'd surely toss them up for sale if I were you.

I cleared $47 after Paypal and they were just going to collect dust. As I said above... at least it's a dinner out for my wife and I.

The least offer I had was the $75 above but I got $83.70 which includes enough to ship both units. Every other e-mail was for the full amount.

I remember back when I first got my 5000... Dish paid me money to take it and the 3000 cost me $25. I think I paid $35 for the 5000 and Dish rebated me $299.

I got my 5000 as a complete system (along with a Dish500, Dish 300, and switches from a guy..he went back to C-Band) All I wanted it for was the Dish 500 & Dish300 and ended up using the receiver for 6 months or so :)

Sonnie said:
I cleared $47 after Paypal and they were just going to collect dust. As I said above... at least it's a dinner out for my wife and I.

or put it towards your "Hillbilly" Superdish :)

btw...is that one of your relatives in your avatar? :D

lol...

No relative... that's acually me! Okay... maybe I just look similar.

Good idea... I haven't told my wife about the dinner thing yet so maybe I could let it help out with my Hillbilly Superdish. That's a good name for that dish. Sounds much better than "Poor mans dish" or whatever it was being called.

Sonnie Parker said:
lol...

No relative... that's acually me! Okay... maybe I just look similar.

Good idea... I haven't told my wife about the dinner thing yet so maybe I could let it help out with my Hillbilly Superdish. That's a good name for that dish. Sounds much better than "Poor mans dish" or whatever it was being called.

I had to ask :)

The original name of Poor Man's Superdish was I think some of us were too cheap to buy the SD, so we're poor (hence..Poor Man's)

Hillbilly sounds better (at least that's what Mike @ www.Global-cm.net says)

"Hillbilly is a description sometimes given to things originating out in the country, where making do with what you have is a way of life."

Wow... 5 dishes on the roof???? You must be subscribed to every satellite out there.

And my wife thinks I'm crazy for having 2 on our roof plus an antenna.

Sonnie Parker said:
Wow... 5 dishes on the roof???? You must be subscribed to every satellite out there.

And my wife thinks I'm crazy for having 2 on our roof plus an antenna.

not yet :)
see the signature...
ExpressVu
Dish Network
Free to Air

There's still Voom, DirectTv & StarChoice

I know ExpressVu is Canada but what is Pansat, Vistar, and StarChoice?

Can I get those? Why do you have so many?

Okay... I found Pansat:

The Petite Amateur Navy Satellite (PANSAT) is a small satellite designed and built by officer students, faculty, and staff at the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS). The main objective is to support the Space Systems Engineering and Space Systems Operations Curricula by providing a "hands-on" hardware project where exposure to the many facets of a space system development and life cycle can be experienced. PANSAT further provides educational training while in orbit through a space-based laboratory for officer students at NPS.

But is there actual regular TV channels you can watch or is it just training and technical stuff?

And I see StarChoice is Canadian also.

Vistar seems to be FTA (which I just figured our that is Free To Air).

Sonnie Parker said:
I know ExpressVu is Canada but what is Pansat, Vistar, and StarChoice?

Can I get those? Why do you have so many?

ExpressVu & StarChoice are the 2 Canadian DTH providers
Pansat & Vistar are receiver models for Free to Air (FTA)

FTA yes...it uses the same size dish as the "hillbilly" Superdish option
Evu & StarChoice...sort of....its a "grey area"..

Dish for locals and WPIX
EVu basically for the CBC..love Hockey Night in Canada :)
FTA is just a hobby. There are alot of ethnic channels on FTA...also some networks (WB, UPN, etc...about 15-20 total)..stuff comes & goes all the time. check out the FTA/MPEG site here. That'll have some more info (also allow us to stop posting in this thread :)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)