Dish Mover - Existing Dish Install

Kagato

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Bought a new house and have some questions on what's typical for dish mover installs these days. I'm going from a place where I self installed the dish exactly where I wanted to (15 years ago when that was typical). The new house has a Dish on the roof just below the peak of the roof line. It's less than 7 years old based on the age of the roof. I'm generally don't care for roof installs and the way the wires string around and over the eves is just ugly as all heck. To make maters worse there's a real rats nest of new and old SAT and CATV coax and splitters all over the place.

What I'd really like to do is to get a Comdeck mount to replace what's there to get rid of the wiring. I'm not above buying the mount but is the installer willing to place it? Am I going to get a lot of flack from the installer if they have to go into the attic to pull the wires through? I can likely help the process a bit by pre-running PVC/ENT from the basement wiring rats nest to the attic. I was already planning on doing that so I could run speakers and whatnot.

I've actually never heard of or seen a comdeck mount until I just looked it up online.. Pretty cool actually. Dish definitely won't provide one for you, but if you purchase one and have it ready, get the pvc pipe ran to the basement, and maybe tip the installer a little, I'd guess he would have no problem setting that up for you at all... I wouldn't

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

A roof mount is the last place installers will want to locate a dish nowadays. Even if there's an existing mount doesn't mean they'll re-use it. In this area, the majority of dishes are pole-mounted in the ground as standard practice.

This really depends on the installer you get. As far as I'm aware, comdeck is not an approved mount for dish network. So a technician that cares about their job will not install on it. You're best bet is to call a local dealer.

Ofcourse I would personally prefer a secure mount rather than a piece of plastic with a couple wood screws holding to the roof above the open hole made in your roof to run the cables through.

I also wouldn't use that existing mount on the new house. Dishes are not allowed to be over living area. Meaning it has to be on the overhang if it is mounted on top of the roof.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)