Dish Network accuses broadcaster Lockwood of blacking out Super Bowl in Texas

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Ramping up its retrans-based rhetorical war with regional station group Lockwood Broadcasting, Dish Network has accused the broadcaster of holding the Super Bowl over the heads of its customers in Sherman, Texas.

NBC affiliate KTEN-TV, which serves Sherman and Denison, Texas, as well as Ada, Ardmore and Durant, Oklahoma, has been blacked out on Dish since last week, with Dish and Lockwood unable to come to terms on a new broadcast retransmission licensing agreement. If the blackout continues through Sunday, Dish customers will be shut out of the Super Bowl.
Dish Network accuses broadcaster Lockwood of blacking out Super Bowl in Texas | FierceCable

Ramping up its retrans-based rhetorical war with regional station group Lockwood Broadcasting, Dish Network has accused the broadcaster of holding the Super Bowl over the heads of its customers in Sherman, Texas.

NBC affiliate KTEN-TV, which serves Sherman and Denison, Texas, as well as Ada, Ardmore and Durant, Oklahoma, has been blacked out on Dish since last week, with Dish and Lockwood unable to come to terms on a new broadcast retransmission licensing agreement. If the blackout continues through Sunday, Dish customers will be shut out of the Super Bowl.
Dish Network accuses broadcaster Lockwood of blacking out Super Bowl in Texas | FierceCable
Hurry up and run to your nearest Walmart, Home Depot or Lowes and buy an outdoor UHF antenna. TV antenna start at about $30 capable of receiving KTEN (CH26).

Hope DISH is reading if they don't already know... tell those customers the game can be streamed legally for free from NBC. No login required. Then tell those stations they are Pi**ants.... :) (If you are familiar with the Brady news this week I use that term for a reason....)

Reactions: ncted
Lockwood doesnt care. Took them forever to fix the transmitter problems at KTEN. I assume they are fixed now. I haven't been back down there in 2 years since we sold the ranch.

Reactions: Tampa8
well, half of KTEN's area of broadcasting is in the fringe of the DFW TV market, so for those in the red river counties could just get both KTEN and KXAS out of Dallas. i live in Hunt County which is barley too far south to be in KTEN's broadcast area, but i can pick it up on anntenna sometimes depending on the weather.

the Ada/Ardmore, OK/Sherman/Denison, TX TV market is a small market cluster between the DFW, TX TV market to the south of them, Lawton, OK/Wichita Falls, TX TV Market the west, the Okahoma City, OK (the largest TV market in the state of Oklahoma) TV market to northwest, the Tusla, OK TV market to the Northeast, and the Fort Smith, AR & Shreveport, LA TV markets to the East. so yeah, some counties can overlap in to other TV markets, with the biggest three markets they overlap is the Dallas-Fort Worth, TX, Oklahoma City, OK and the Tulsa, OK markets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)