Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network and Lifetime Entertainment Services Reach MULTI-YEAR Agreement

Lifetime Television and Lifetime Movie Network Restored

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. and NEW YORK – Feb. 1, 2006 – EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and its DISH Network and Lifetime Entertainment Services today announced that they have reached a multi-year agreement that provides for the distribution of Lifetime Television and Lifetime Movie Network.

"We are pleased to restore Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network to our viewers, and look forward to a long relationship with Lifetime for carriage of their quality programming to our customers,” said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “We thank our customers for their patience throughout this negotiation process, and want them to know that DISH Network remains the home of the lowest-priced all-digital TV in the nation."

Louise Henry Bryson, president of Distribution and Affiliate Business Development for Lifetime Entertainment Services, said, “Lifetime is delighted to have reached an agreement with EchoStar to return Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network -- the #1 and #2 most popular networks for women -- to DISH Network subscribers. We want to thank our loyal viewers, women’s advocates, and community leaders for their outspoken support which is a testament to the importance of these two networks to American women. We’re grateful to our viewers for their understanding, and look forward to working with DISH Network as we continue to deliver the highest quality entertainment and tireless advocacy on issues of vital importance to women.”

The two channels were restored to DISH Network customers at approximately 11 p.m. ET last night. Lifetime Television will return to the America’s Top 60 and DISH Latino Dos programming packages, while Lifetime Movie Network will be available in America’s Top 180 package.

Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network’s entertaining and award-winning programming and advocacy include: Lifetime Original Movies like the February world premiere of For One Night starring Raven-Symoné; popular series like Will & Grace, The Golden Girls and Frasier, which joins the network in March; acclaimed dramas such as Strong Medicine and Missing; a full slate of upcoming original series including Cheerleader Nation, Face the Family, and LoveSpring (from Will & Grace’s Eric McCormack); and unparalleled support to women on issues of importance to them – including breast cancer, heart disease, violence against women, and economic equality.

This arrangement includes carriage under retransmission consent of the 28 Hearst-Argyle stations.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) serves more than 12 million satellite TV customers through its DISH Network, the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

About Lifetime Entertainment Services

LIFETIME is the leader in women's television, and LIFETIME Television is one of the top-rated basic cable television networks. A diverse, multi-media company, LIFETIME is committed to offering the highest quality entertainment and information programming, and advocating a wide range of issues affecting women and their families. LIFETIME Television, Lifetime Movie Network, Lifetime Real Women, Lifetime Home Entertainment and Lifetime Online are part of LIFETIME Entertainment Services, a
50-50 joint venture of The Hearst Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance on Oxygen staying around for long after this deal? I'm hoping Dish signed a multi-year deal for it.

looks like lifetime caved.

Dish added LMN back to AT180, less per sub for that channel and they also didn't have to add Lifetime Real Women

Who Won....

John Kotches said:
The 3rd channel is missing (Lifetime Real Women I think), so I think I know who won ;)

Cheers,

Yes, LRW is not anywhere, so I think we all know who won! Guess that tells us who needed who the most. I think it was a very smart move for Dish to place LMN on AT180. We have it anyway....and if we would have only had AT120, this would have made us upgrade. So everyone here is happy. They are coming to repoint our Dish antenna tomorrow. We have had many high wind storms which knocked it off and we can't seem to get it pointed right.

Regardless of who caved, it just shows that E* is more about quanity than quality programming. Oh well more channels that won't be in MY favorites list.

way2rude4u said:
Regardless of who caved, it just shows that E* is more about quanity than quality programming. Oh well more channels that won't be in MY favorites list.

Then what would you consider quality programming perchance?

Maybe Lifetime figured they could have it added to AT180 while being able to negotiate a deal to move it to AT120 later. Some channels have went from AT180 to AT120 or AT120 to AT60.

Sarang said:
Then what would you consider quality programming perchance?

The quality of programming would be for channels to be in FULL HD not in HD lite as they have been for some time now. That is what I was referring to.

way2rude4u said:
The quality of programming would be for channels to be in FULL HD not in HD lite as they have been for some time now. That is what I was referring to.

HD (Full or lite) means higher quality picture, not higher quality programming. Poor programming in HD is still poor programming... only clearer....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)