Dish network called me a thief and cant live in a 2 floor house!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No that is still in your home..

another location means a location that is not in your home. That includes RV's and vacation homes.

To answer you other questions
If you cannot give them the required info the receiver(s) will be permanently turned off.
Even if it is another room in your house.

Well what issue I'd run into would be I can't get into a private room within my home to give numbers so we would have a problem besides breaking down the door which I won't do just for that..I respect privacy of family members in my home. Also What questions.. I want to know what they are asking for for those that have been asked. Another thing I'd prob have to ask them is what if I wanted to use it for my hunting location or in my RV...do I need to tell them ahead of time to avoid issues or what here. After all I'm the only one using the box and account that I pay monthly for, not someone else which is why they are auditing.

Another thing is what if you just don't answer the phone when they call? What if you treat them as a telemarketer and hang up. So many ways to get this really messed up or invaded upon. Also as I've said before, my wife's cell phone is listed on the account and if say some evening she's out shopping and they call while she's 20+miles away in walmart or something there isn't much she can do at that point so I'm wondering how they treat that... do they use commonsense and call back or what here. Sounds to me they do more pissing good customers off than weeding out the bad ones.

From what I read on this site, they shut off the other boxes until you call back. If you don't watch, they will not only shut your other boxes off permanently but never allow you to add any additional boxes on your account ever again.

IIRC one of E* people who posts here said the audit nazis were now requiring utility bills for all audits.
If they are asking for utility bills, it's because of movers.
Dish got into big trouble by not verifying addresses of people who "moved" to get DNS and/or different locals.

Dish would like to get back into the DNS game with the new law coming, so to show good faith they are probably verifying addresses.

Perhaps the ones being asked to send in utility bills have different billing & service addresses. That could be a new red flag. Especially if the 2 are in different markets/areas.

Well what issue I'd run into would be I can't get into a private room within my home to give numbers so we would have a problem besides breaking down the door which I won't do just for that..I respect privacy of family members in my home.
Saying you can't get into a "private" room in your own house screams "Account Stacker".

I respect my kids privacy, but I still have access to their rooms. Not to mention that bedrooms typically only lock from the inside, so telling Dish that you don't have access to a room or area in your own home tells them the receiver is either not located there or you're in a Duplex/Apartment in which case they should have separate accounts anyway.

Another thing I'd prob have to ask them is what if I wanted to use it for my hunting location or in my RV
In that case, you do what I do when I go camping. Unhook one of the receivers from the house and take it with me. Since your not in both locations at the same time, should be no problem.

In that case, you do what I do when I go camping. Unhook one of the receivers from the house and take it with me. Since your not in both locations at the same time, should be no problem.

Lots of us do that, including Charlie himself. Just to be clear though, if you get the audit call while a receiver is at the other location, you're in trouble. To minimize the risk, you have to take it back and forth with you.

WOW. This topic is still going. I guess I am not the only one get audited. I started this because I was upsad how I was treated. I thought only IRS have auditors.
Anyway update on my status, I can not have more than one box unless i pay for each box in its own account. Even though its in the same house. I have all the evidence they need if they are willing to accept it. I returned all boxes. I keep one box so I wont be charge for cancel fee.
Screw Dish. Let them take the last few bux from me and when contract is up? They will never take another penny from me. I rather watch over the air than have to go through this again.
They just forcing me to HACK THEM! So be it.

I have Direct and never got audited. I don't think they have one. I think I mentioned it earlier somewhere on the board I had Dish for a very short time and got audited shortly after starting service. The CSR was very rude and I just told them to cancel my service since I wasn't under any contract and shipped the boxes back.

Does Direct do this as well? I have never heard of a Direct auditing department.

Saying you can't get into a "private" room in your own house screams "Account Stacker".

I respect my kids privacy, but I still have access to their rooms. Not to mention that bedrooms typically only lock from the inside, so telling Dish that you don't have access to a room or area in your own home tells them the receiver is either not located there or you're in a Duplex/Apartment in which case they should have separate accounts anyway.

Well I can assure you I'm no "Account Stacker" As I've said I even work for them installing these things and I'm happy with my service so there is no reason to try to screw the company even though they are shafting me anytime they get a chance.

But when I bring up these senarios its possible even if you don't agree with them that it could happen. I think the biggest issue I have is with them calling my wife's phone since hers is on the account. Currently she's out walking so she could be a few miles away on foot. They will have to call her back or wait but the second they cut me off cause she's not home when they call I will raise holy hell. Dish obviously has no clue as to the amount of people that are not using land lines no more. And I've taken a box before from a room and put it in a camper and left it in it for a few weeks just cause I didn't use it as much or something came up that I had to leave stuff in it for the time being. They need to understand that life doesn't revolve around Dish Network and I'm sure a lawyer can agree to that.

dish network SUCKS!! NEVER WILL I GO BACK TO THEM. I Had the service for 2 months. suddenly the channels dont work. I called Customer service. They say they need to do a manual box verification. I had 3 boxes in 3 different room (like everyone too, I dont think anyone have 3 tv in one room). We precide with the verification. They told me I need all TV on and during the verification I can not stop or put them on hold ( I DID NOT). So we started. done one room at a time. each room is about 15 ft away. after all finished. the customer rep put me on hold while he check something. 1min he come back on phone say he dont belive i have all 3 boxes in one house. He say i took too long to go to next room. HUH??? 5 sec walk is too long???? than he say he look up the state property and google area view of my house. he say my house is 2 family house and he dont belive I have 3 boxes in one family. He say he dont think i have 3 boxes in my home and therefore he will put 3 boxes into 3 different accounts.
WHAT!!??? I cant have 3 rooms in my home? or cant have 2 floors in my house????? I told them they can sent a tech out to verify that my house have all the boxes in one family. He say he dont need to. He say i cant live in a house with 2 floors. I cant use 2 floors for one family in 2 family house for my family. My entertament is in the basement, the bedrooms are on 1fl. The reps also say If I can afford to live 2 floors? i can pay for 2 account. what the hell!! i say i will cancel my account since they are not providing me with service which i pay for. he say sure but we will charge you cancellation fee.
Never will I go with dish network again. they treated you like a thief. say you cant live in a large house. or yet, google and govt search your house.

I have my doubts you were talking to Dish Network.
Looks to me like you being scammed. Call Dish again and get a supervisor on the phone. Before you call write down the receiver CAID # from all three receivers. Starts with "R"..This is on the back or the underside of the receiver.
Tell the CSR that you want an "escalation" based on your interaction with the CSR who "didn't believe you"..Tell them the CSR was disprespectful.

I'm not telling anyone to break the law here, because I don't fully know the law,someone correct me if I am wrong, but sometime it would be interesting if someone would record the call with audit department just to hear how it all goes down, again if this is against the law then don't do it.

Depends on the state. In California, all you have to do is inform them that you're recording it. They don't have to give consent.

I wonder how many customers Directv / cable / FIOS due to these audits? Dish has a lot of nerve going about things like they are. I think they stand to lose more than anything by doing this. Sure, your going to catch some people in the act but your going to piss off even more people that did nothing wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts