Dish network component specs

BUD_n_Sons

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 7, 2013
South West Michigan
Is there a comprehensive list of lnbfs & switches that describes their actual specs?
I mean compatibilities would be a start, but details of power & switching voltages.
Enough to assemble systems for unconventional situations.

Two scenarios:
> I lose HD & local station feeds way too often, due to weather.
I'm in southwest Michigan.
I've solved this previously with a larger reflector, back when there was only sat 119.
I want to use a separate reflector/lnbf for each bird, with a much larger one for sat 129.

> A friend in Talkeetna Alaska, can only get sat 119, but I think should get 129 too.
I've tried several times to get 129, but I've got something wrong.
I don't understand the authorized resellers' setup, it uses 2 switches for just 119.
Setups I understand drop a number of channels.
Leads me to believe the rcvr is is using multiple switch/lnbf ranges to "reallocate" channels.

Being winter, I'm in no hurry, but tired of guessing a tech when specs are what I need.
Thanks in advance.

Alaska needs spotbeams from 129 and very likely the channels being "Dropped" are those that can not be received from the CONUS transponders and need to be gone from the guide. (Otherwise you get a black screen and out of market message.) When you try to get 129 what happens? Does it show up in the list of satellites being received by the receiver? If so but no channels are seen then maybe you need to filter out the CONUS channels and get only spotbeams as I suspect 119 is.

I fail to see why anybody in southwest Michigan needs anything other than a 1000.2. Bud n Sons also mentioned his friend in Alaska, which is a different can of worms altogether.

Bud, can you tell us what your LNB/switch arrangement/receiver(s) are? We can probably point you in the right direction even without those specs. There are legacy LNBs, DishPro LNBs, and DishPro Plus LNB assemblies (with integrated DPP switch).