Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK EXPANDS LOCAL HIGH DEFINITION MARKETS

Englewood, Colo., April 24, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), the nation’s third largest pay-TV provider and the digital transition leader, today announced the addition of eight high definition (HD) local markets: Burlington – Plattsburgh, Vt.; Greensboro – High Point – Winston Salem, N.C.; Greenville – Spartanburg – Asheville – Anderson, S.C.; Huntsville – Decatur, Ala.; Jackson, Miss.; Knoxville, Tenn.; Mobile – Pensacola (Ft. Walton Beach), Ala.; and Providence – New Bedford, R.I. In January, DISH Network® announced plans to enhance its HD programming line-up throughout 2008. DISH Network continues its commitment to reach the year-end goal of 100 local HD markets and 100 national HD channels.

DISH Network now offers HD locals in 54 markets, reaching more than 64 percent of U.S. TV households.

In order to view HD programming, DISH Network customers can upgrade to a dishHD receiver like the award-winning ViP722™. The ViP722 is a dual-tuner HD DVR that operates two televisions in separate rooms, one in HD and one in standard definition. The ViP722 can record up to 55 hours of HD and up to 350 hours of standard definition and allows customers to pause, rewind and fast forward their favorite TV programming.

Qualified new DISH Network customers who sign up with a 24-month commitment will receive three months of free programming (a $120 value), a free dishDVR and free installation (a $49.99 value).

For more information about DISH Network’s HD offerings or DVR technology, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), visit DISH Network -- Home, or visit your local DISH Network retailer.

So are all of these live for sure now? I thought that Knoxville was still unavial? Maybe I missed an uplink.

When are they going to start adding markets complete with all the major locals in HD, rather than leaving one or two out in each location?

I live in Sacramento and we still don't have FOX in HD. Since it seems to be an accepted standard for satellite services to leave out a major or two in each market, I don't see any end to this, since it's more important for them to list more cities in their brochures than make each city complete.

Yeah, I know the station owners are playing hardball in many cases, but I think there's more to it than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts