Dish Network External Hard Drive

delcirose

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
MOBILE TRAVELER
My wife brought to my attention that our external dish network provided hard drive is no longer showing up on our recorded items....We have a lot of stuff on there....When I unplug the power and wait a bit then plug it back in I am asked if I want to reformat this device. Doing this will erase all the movies and programs that we have saved.....Is there any work around this? Some have mentioned that this happened after a software update on the 5th of Dec.

What receiver do you have? Do you have another one to test the EHD on?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My wife brought to my attention that our external dish network provided hard drive is no longer showing up on our recorded items.

I noticed the same thing on my H3. This was working, and then it wasn't working, and then it was working again, and now it's not. :mad:

Reactions: navychop
Reinforcing my preference to keep my HWSes, even if one goes flakey now and then.

On one of my Hopper 3s has had this EHD not waking up in the morning issue for quite a while now. My other Hopper 3 and EHD does not have this issue. Next couple of days I will swap around the EHDs for both of my Hopper 3s and see if it is the Hopper or EHD that is the issue.

Reactions: TheKrell
I suspect software updates are the cause of my disappearing EHD's. Don't these happen on the HwS as well? Almost simultaneously?

Pretty independent of each other, I believe.

Unfortunately I have only the one Hopper H3 model...nothing else to try it on, if I go ahead and reformat it will probably work, but then I will loose everything that is on it.

I very reluctantly went from a couple of ViP722s to a couple of HWSes. But the added features are SO nice. I’d never go back.

On one of my Hopper 3s has had this EHD not waking up in the morning issue for quite a while now. My other Hopper 3 and EHD does not have this issue. Next couple of days I will swap around the EHDs for both of my Hopper 3s and see if it is the Hopper or EHD that is the issue.
Well, several days ago I swapped around my EHDs between both my Hopper 3s. The EHD not waking up in the mornings stayed with the same H3. My other H3 EHD has no issue waking up in the mornings. So, I presume the issue is not the EHD. It happens just about every morning. It is funny that a remote control reset does not wake up the EHD. I have to perform a red button reset and even sometimes only a pull the cord reset finally wakes her up. I tried swapping around the EHD USB connection with the OTA adapter but no fix. Any ideas on what is causing this issue?

Has Dish come out with the red recording in progress LED upgrade?

OK, blue would be fine.

:devilish

Word is it will look like this:

merlin_135847308_098289a6-90ee-461b-88e2-20920469f96a-superJumbo.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts