Dish Network Flat cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Wow! I've given a lot of techncal presentations in my days: papers, training sessions, product/sales promotions, etc. I would never give this one, tho', unless it's to a group of school kids...!

If I were an installer, I think I'd be insulted having to waste my time (and probably not paid for it!) sitting in a session given as this one is scripted! Do E* installers really have to endure this kind of rubbish?

I could certainly see an intense "presentation"/Q&A session for the roll-out of a new DVR or dish/LNB system, but for a hunk of cable for "last resort" situations, complete with role-playing? Give me (or rather, you installers) a break...!

remember this is written by dish for training of dish employees. need I say more.
Just because something is painfully simple to the average installer, it usually takes several attempts to train the mickyD rejects they send out as DNS techs.

Iceberg said:
yep. Must be a bitch to install a dish on a glass house :)
I did a Hughesnet for a family in an "earthship" recently.

Guy didn't want the cable run down the "front" of the hosue (which is actually the back, and NEVER seen). It would've been clean and simple, and the right place for the modem and everything.

Long story short, his brother the DirecTV dealer was coming out from NuYawk to hook it up - and use the existing Cat3 wire for an Ethernet run from the utility room and on and on and on. He signed the install and I got my @$$ outta there. NOT something I normally do, but some customers are jsut NOT worth it.

As for this flat cable - Just a couple of days ago I told someone around here that it's not approved by E* :D I notice they can't even write their stuff halfway correct - notice the times they talk about 180 degree bends when they mean 90?

The document caught my attention because Van has mentioning about an approved E* flat cable. I've also seen a few threads about people asking about it and the instructions should help them, although they are not using the approved E* flat cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts