Dish Network is offering a "free" iPad if you sign up for satellite service. Avoid this, it's a scam

If you had good credit, they would have waived the $199 activation fee (only applies to the hopper setup which IS required for the Ipad promotion). Customers that I sign up that have good credit do not pay the $199 activation fee. Then, if they choose the Top 120, they are missing out on the $20 discount for 12 months ($240). Therefore, they get the ipad for only $240 difference.

It's rigged! It's a conspiracy! This is illegal! Scam! Scam! Scam!

Where's the face palm emoticon when you need it.

I have a more appropriate one for this situation.

728342b5958a347ff91d4d03b197b43a.jpg

If you had good credit, they would have waived the $199 activation fee (only applies to the hopper setup which IS required for the Ipad promotion). Customers that I sign up that have good credit do not pay the $199 activation fee. Then, if they choose the Top 120, they are missing out on the $20 discount for 12 months ($240). Therefore, they get the ipad for only $240 difference.

You beat me to it. All it really takes is qualifying for that promotion based on credit (which they do tell you they will run) or $199 to waive that qualification for just moderate enough credit to qualify for DHA24.

Also, instead of crying to us about that $40, go buy an iPad, get the discount promotion, don't pay activation and wait 3-5 weeks, and watch some tv already.

A friend of mine was telling me about this at work a couple of weeks ago and I said the same thing. So I went home that night, I listen to the commercial very closely. They never say "free". They say "Sign up for the hopper and get an iPad". Pretty slick.

Yep, the rate suckers that make tv cost more for everyone, just like the car insurance commercials.

I agree. The new customers getting the best offers really ruins it for the loyal customers. The problem is if ONE company went to a loyalty-based model, where longer term customers get discounts, they'd not get any new customers in the "What can you do for me NOW?" world. DTV and the cable folks would siphon off every new customer.

Most, if not all of us, were once 'first time customers.' Most of us, if not all of us, got great offers, sometimes free installation, equipment, and programming. The business model is to give 'first time customers' something to draw them in. If those free offers were extended to the already subscribed customers on a continuing basis the company would go out of business. It's that simple....

Should we tell him that existing Hopper owners that refer 3 friends to Hopper systems also get a "free" Ipad. I got mine :) but maybe I should look closer, I must be getting scammed somehow...

To all those who complain about old customers vs new..."it never hurts to ask...the worst they can say is NO". So far, After 11 years, Dish has always said yes, and then some.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts